I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

the browning is super light hence the name haha
    https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/citori-725/citori-725-feather-superlight.html

Yeah i understand all bout lightter is faster and so on but for shotguns id think i prefer a chonkier to deal with recoil.

I love the aesthetics of the beretta better from pics but who fucking knows once picked up
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/product/686-silver-pigeon-i-sporting-FA0068

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Silver pigeon 26” 20ga is my go to quail and skeet. I like it over the browning. Weatherby Athena’s were also great for me but can’t find them anymore.

our berettas go in horse scabbards while quail hunting and they hold up well. Tough guns

if I’m at a big skeet range and need a 12 ga. I’ve always been that redneck dusting them with my duck gun. Over under 12ga is no fun . I shot with the army skeet/trap team at a music industry event and went toe for toe with them with my beretta a400.

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Great insight on the 20g vs 12g for a over under as i was just thinkin of that. Might have to start fresh with all of that

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You're not going to go wrong with either....and I was speaking to my 525 Citori that was a chunky gun. Loved it though.

Travis is right though...for skeet...20guage is the ticket. We shot sporting clays....so 12Ga due to longer shots was very common.

sanee likes this.
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Figured it was kinda like starting out roadracing....Which is to start out racing on a small bike, 400 or clapped out sv, learn the basics of the bike, and its cheaper to start racing on...so 'learn' the feel of the AR, establish muscle memory on the functions of the gun, shoot as much as you want since .22's are so cheap, then once you have the basics of the AR, start shooting/train more of the 556. That's my uneducated take on it anyway.

I had to google 10/22. lol

6. Steak Travis

Sporting clays yeah that’s what I was trying to think of.

I don’t know the etiquette or rules on sporting clays but 12ga is the way to go with some of those hail
    Mary’s that get launched.

just depends on what you will be doing more of. The public places I’ve shot were more sporting clay and a 12ga made it more enjoyable. I just don’t do it enough to get an over under 12. I always looked out of place with a camo auto but my shooting made up for not having a “sporting clay” gun

I took my wife and her friend to our skeet range and gave them 28 ga’s and it reminded me of the recoil difference between an auto and an over under. It doesn’t bother me but a new shooter definitely notices it.

sanee likes this.
  7. gapman789

The Winchester 26 gun is back on sale for $449 at TSC....Gonna pick one up today.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-gun-safe-26-gun-ts26-45-1360473

GixxerJohn011, wsmc42 and britx303 like this.
  8. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Best price you'll most likely ever get on that safe....definitely jump on that. Also, go ahead and buy "motion sensing LEDs" right now....the lights will go on every time you open the door....(I have battery powered ones in the safes, but they also come as rechargeable.

Chango, wsmc42, RonR and 2 others like this.
  9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah, better than keeping a micro Streamlight on top of the safe, for every time you go in and can’t see :oops: :D

Jedb likes this.
  10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

its really up to you, i guess in bike terms an ar in a .22 is like a 1k frame with an sv650 engine haha. Youre new so just learn good habits and youll be fine. I pick base on best package for what you intend to do with it. I have this https://tacticalsol.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13909
    its good cheap fun that breaks down to a bagpack rifle

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

ill def be doing more research on what guage before purchase

12. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I didnt tell him about the motion sensing speaker that says "Ta daaaaaa" every time you open the safe because I thought that would be a little bit overkill...:D

britx303 likes this.
  13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I was coming here to mention this. Recoil with an over under 12G isn't that big of a deal on a hunt where you're taking a few shots all day. Shooting 100 shells at a sporting clays course gets old with the thing thumping the shit out of your shoulder. For a sporting gun, look into Beretta or similar autos with a 30" barrel. Even some pros like Anthony Matterese use them in competition. They're all far better guns than we are shooters.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

gapman789 likes this.
  15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve attached one of those to every pair of pants zippers I own

britx303 and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. Steak Travis

17. Steak Travis

9v battery for the lock?

gapman789 likes this.
  18. gapman789

The 9 V battery lives behind the keypad. There's a tab that you push and rotate the keypad and the cover comes off.

It allegedly holds 13 rifles/shot guns on each side....But as research tells me, realistically you might fit 15 or so.

gun safe 1.jpg gun safe 2.jpg

britx303 likes this.
  19. gapman789

Lights ordered and safe is 'together' and getting ready to slide it into the closet. I'm leaving the steel pallet on for now. I can get my Harley Davidson/UTV jack under it to move it around if need be.

Unloaded that fugger by myself and got it into the house solo. Luckily no steps that I had to conquer.

gun safe.jpg

britx303 and wsmc42 like this.
  20. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member