Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Saw him today.

his main fun car is a Singer. the corvette is his going golfing car.

he made his cash in old school construction. :up:

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

The other night I turn off lights in bedroom. I see something glowing on my dresser. All my watches are out away but it’s that green lume color . Turns out the Omega / Swatch boxes … the logo on the side of it is lume.

Just a random observation.
    I knew dials were but had no idea the side of the box it came it was as well . Lol

Phl218 likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Fuck goodwill! They are a scam.

6. ChemGuy

With box & papers.. its probably not overpriced. But its getting there.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Beyond my zeros. thank you though @ChemGuy

Need 3 more:
    Kakume - Blue
    Bullhead - Red
    A 6138 that, oddly, hasn’t been named.

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I looked at explorer2 and gmt2s for too long 10+ years ago and watched them get too far away. I'm not in a much better position but have reconciled pricing isn't going down and have options on nib batman or Pepsi. Only catch is the price, approx 22k for either, a fraction more for batman. Part of me says fuck yeah, exactly the other part of me says get effed. I think I like the idea more, but if not now, when, when they are 30?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

New?

Preowned? No! Fuck no! $22k for one? No! For both? No!

If that’s retail now, go get an IWC, a Tudor, a Panerai or a fucking timex.

I’d sucker you for my Sub but the market is collapsing. . . Mine has papers and box.

11. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

It's grey market, but new in box from a well known dealer. Honestly, how Rolex has controlled and deliberately fcked the primary market, it may as well be retail because the chance of me being called up, to buy new and pay 60% of that in store, has less likelihood than winning the lottery. Still, I hear you.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just no. $22K for a new Batman? That's, um. . . "aspirational" by that dealer.
    I'd fall in the "get fucked" camp.

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-g...ield_18:Box$2520and$2520Papers/sort:price:asc
    Box and papers from Bob's. There's an additional two over the ones I've listed below.

i'll take only 1/2 of the $5K I just saved you...

#1 - $16,295.
    https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr.html

#2 - $16,495
    https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-gmt-master-batman-116710-blue.html

===

And here's seven ExplorerII with box/papers/cards between $10K and #13K.

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-explorer-ii-1.html#/filter:custom_field_18:Box$2520and$2520Papers

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

@RichB Yiu’re correct that msrp isn’t relevant to the off the street buyer right now and hasn’t been for many years. There’s actually no reason to even consider it. However, the prices you listed sound high. Chrono24 is kinda the go to for values. If I were buying a grey market Rolex I would buy it on trf (The Rolex Forum). You can pretty easily find a good seller to deal with. Prices have come down a little recently, so I think I could make a case that now is a good time.

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

As a side note, I don’t think Rolex has deliberately controlled the primary market. I don’t know what they could do differently.

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

16. ChemGuy

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I followed explorer ii watches online for the last almost 3 years and finally said fuck it.

Stayed up late drinking bourbon, watched an ebay auction with a 20yr member with 100% positive feedback that I'd been following all week, auction swung over 500 dollars in the final minutes.

Was up north on vacation, late sunday night, sitting right next to the wifi. Got in at 7500. Full box and papers, links, card, etc.

Came in, and is quite nice. I'm happy. Ebay isn't always bad. Looked like at an AD I would be waiting at least a year minimum possibly 2 for a new one. Been having friends die off this last year and said if not now......then when.

Boman Forklift and RichB like this.
  18. ChemGuy

pics bro.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A preowned ExpII is going for how much?

20. ChemGuy

6-10k depending on model and condition