MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So you're saying it's just like taking the short bus to a MA race?

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

IMG_6655.jpeg :crackup:

3. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Ouch!

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I swear, if I have to pull this car over you kids are going to regret it...

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

This made me laugh....re-enforces the "Haters Gonna Hate"
    Some People are Exactly "What They Appear To Be"...like them or don't, you sure as fuck don't have to guess anything about them, I remember when Josh was just another Kid racing in WERA, IMO, he is the same as he has always been...Honest in his Opinion, Hard Riding, Good Hearted, Not much on slathering on The BS.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Totally agree with all of this. I’ve seen him do some stuff that was definitely admirable. No doubt he rides his ass off and puts everything he has in to his racing. And I can respect his no bs approach. But none of this changes that I still think he carries himself like a douche.

I’ll offer Colin edwards as my example of how to have all those same qualities yet somehow didn’t garner near the distaste from fans that josh has.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Salt and Sugar..not everyone is TheSame. There are those who actually like the Villains in movies.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

There is only one Darth Vader.

Britt likes this.
  9. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

The funny thing on here is most of you are like sheep and and jump on the hater bandwagon all the time. Most complain about how josh acts and what he say's , did you ever read the crap you write? I love Josh , think he is awesome and hope he get's some wins. On another note I can't wait for Bobby Fong to beat Beach !

Gino230, Boman Forklift and Britt like this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

eeewwyuck.....Really? Bobby "leave it in the trash can" Fong beating Beach?? You have a better chance of me holding the tail of a unicorn,whilst you make love to it,than Fong beating Beach! and theres few sheep here.Most have been very stern on who they do/don't like.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm actually a fan, but Josh's off track behavior occasionally strikes me as unacceptable for an athlete representing our sport. As a track coach, I have suspended team members who failed to represent the team in a positive fashion when I felt the situation warranted doing so. Obviously, his team is accepting of his conduct. The crap written by others is irrelevant to the discussion. Call me a sheep if you will.

tophyr, MELK-MAN and YamahaRick like this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hey, the best of us say stupid things, and can react to criticism in a less than graceful way. People being honest about the way they perceive his attitudes and behavior, are giving him an opportunity to be circumspect and possibly course correct. I'm all for having no fucks given to a point. There are plenty of people in this world who have proven they don't deserve my respect, so their corresponding opinion of me means nothing. I'm also not in an arena where I'm essentially in public relations. Being an amateur who pays his own bills? You can do what you want (within the boundaries of not hurting other people), and no problem. Professional road racing is show business, and public opinion becomes part of your job. It's not just his sponsors and team owners that are impacted by the way he's perceived. I was on the hill at RA when he came by flipping everyone off. There were a lot of kids on that hill that were cheering for him, and those cheers suddenly fell mute. That's the kind of stuff where he needs to do some introspection about his "me against the world" attitude. And BTW, I'm a fan of his in terms of his grit and effort in racing. I don't know him personally, so I can't speak to whether he's a nice guy, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of that doubt. I'm not trying to vilify him, or be a sheep. Think of it like a member of your family, or a friend, who maybe isn't quite aware of the effect his behavior is having on others. You'd tell a friend, " hey dude, you're being a douche", with no malice. Just giving them a heads-up, that their head might be up their ass.

kirk erlinger, ToofPic, cbush and 2 others like this.
  13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

@joshherrin, I think what @redtailracing meant was that this thread is months old, everyone had basically forgotten about it, and yet a comment from "some pussy" in this dusty-old-forgotten thread got under your skin enough that you felt the need to revive the discussion, remind everyone of the petty drama within it, and then add to that fire by belittling people. Someone who was thick-skinned wouldn't have felt the need to "call out all of [the] cowards", because they wouldn't have cared as much what those cowards thought. Words on the internet would be water off a duck's back rather than glue in a rat trap.

You're an interesting character, man. I don't think I'd call myself a fan, but I like you. I've met you enough times both in person and on the track - as you lapped the shit out of me in about half the 2022 SS races - that I know you are a kind, positive, and uplifting person in your personal interactions. And this business with the thin-vs-thick skin and feeling the need to call people out is particularly interesting.. it means that, for better or worse, you really do really care what people say and think about you. You (consciously or not) want these people to like you, whether or not you even like them to begin with. But the way you go about dealing with the conflict between that need for approval and the inevitable - inevitable, because there are people out there who don't even like Mother Teresa - lack of it from some people, is just straight up toxic.

It becomes a vicious cycle, dude. Someone says Josh Herrin is a dickhead, Josh Herrin finds out and claps back.. and Josh Herrin becomes the celebrity who "punches down" and thus proves himself to be a dickhead. You are a celebrity and your detractor is not. You are well-liked, you are well-respected, you are looked up to.. by virtue of the fact that you have fans at all, you are held to a higher social standard than the nobodies of the world. Your fans don't care about what some nobody says and does; they care about what you say and do. But they know, in the backs of their heads, that they are also some nobody.. so if you're willing to beat up on that other nobody, you might be willing to beat up on them too.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

^^^ some serious balls gargling

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Tell us. What do Rossi’s taste like?

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Shutup

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Vax shaming huh? Dude is a real winner I see.

brex likes this.
  18. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Wow, well said.

Since this started I was thinking similarly how “punching down” diminishes anyone who does it for a reason - because by definition, it reflects an insecure, “beta” mindset. It is essentially the surest way to convey a “non-alpha” attitude - the opposite of “the lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.”

19. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Perhaps , he’ll buy Josh a BudLight

sanee likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: Go get them!!

Rob Linders

motion likes this.