RIP Putter

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

There was a fundraiser put together by club members at the September CRA event that raised ~$850 for his family (daughter).

Ever get this done?

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Never heard back. I was going to bring a yellow FZR400.

3. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Be nice to get it done ultimately, would have been really nice.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

One of the BBS greats and sounds like he was even more awesome at the track.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'll be as respectful as I can in regards to Eric's family... In addition to losing Eric, they were dealt another pretty hefty blow and need some time. The kiddo is doing well. They would still like to do something as far as I know, but it's not the right time.

flygirl likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Anything we can do for the kid?

7. Hyperdyne

Honestly, I wish I knew. I tried to keep contact after I delivered the funds after Christmas, but I was ghosted. Email's and phone calls went unanswered. As far as I can see, she is doing well and is healthy.

8. CRA_Fizzer

9. CRA_Fizzer

ping Chad to the white courtesy phone...

panthercity likes this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I honestly haven't had any contact since last fall, other than I sent Kerri a text last weekend to let her know I gave Kitty her contact info and to expect to hear from her about the fundraiser last weekend.
    I think that she is focusing on helping Kaitlyn move on with their lives. At the funeral, it seemed like she(Kaitlyn) either didn't understand at that point that he was gone, or she was so used to him being absent from her life, that it wasn't that big of a change at that point.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:(

13. Hyperdyne

That was pretty much verbatim what Kerri told me in terms of Kaitlyn. I didn't press the issue.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense though, no need to mess with the reality the kid is going through by doing things to constantly remind her.

15. Hyperdyne

Exactly.. Not my place.

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So just had a very weird one but not surprising given how small the racing world seems to be - one of our racers here at Barbers mom went to school with Putter and Kerri.

Sad news is Kerri passed from cancer last year, Kaitlyn is in high school and doing as well as you'd expect.

TurboBlew, 27, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks for that, Sean. We’d been wondering about how Kaitlyn has been doing. :)

18. CRA_Fizzer

Damn, that is sad.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd be lying if I said that this fills me with an overwhelming sense of optimism. Any chance you're saying that she actually is doing well?

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Who's the mom?