1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy $#!+. My wife is in the middle of an active shooter.

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, May 6, 2023.

1. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

My first duty station out of infantry training was 8th and I. We were used to seeing 2 and 3 star generals, and usually the Commandant on a daily basis. So not easily star struck or intimidated by seeing high rank.

One day my SSgt told me to report to the SgtMaj ASAP. Oh man, what the hell have I done now. A lowly LCpl never interacts with a SgtMaj. This is gonna be bad, lol. As I’m waiting outside to be called into his office, I can hear him ripping somebody a new one. Poor guy was getting worked. Couple minutes later the door opens and a 2nd Lt. walks out WTF?! My jaw probably hit the ground. If he could do that to an officer what was he gonna do to me. Our SgtMaj was a massive, bald headed, perfect Marine with an extreme presence about him. Yeah I was scared.

Turns out me and a couple of other Marines were there to receive some type of congratulations from him on something we had done well, haha!!

ToofPic, Gixxerguy855 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys truly are a bunch of fucking asshole idiots some days. Dude posts about his loved one in a scary as fuck situation and you all have to spout off your political belief bullshit. Fuck you all and good riddance for a damn long time when I have the chance to come back through and clean you out.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that sounded a bit angrier than I anticipated. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne got hurt at Grattan, I've had a slightly fucked up last few days and not in the mood for the stupid here...

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hope she heals well and fast.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Hope Evelyne is OK.
    You know we only tolerated you, to get to her..!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She will be and well, duh.

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

just in case I'm in the crosshairs? I only say this as I feel I've been singled out in the past...for fairly trifle comments, while other member previously crossed lines .
    YES a couple years ago, I didn't get it...but caught on. But I'd be disappointed to see a ban from the field..from this thread..
    But in this topic, 1st & foremost congratulated the OP on her safety. Any further discussion was purely on the subject of "crazy shooters" and speculation of how ,& why..
    I STAYED IN MY LANE, NO POLITICS.

Social issues - how society views norms and non-conforming behaviors

Political issues - the power given by the people to their representatives, how much and what kind

Economical issues - those involving personal finances to world economics

Purposely Stayed out of any discussions of "rights" " laws" and took a neutral stance.

JUS sayin:beer:

If any of my comments are deemed inappropriate..obviously not my intentions..I I don't see how they could be.
    I deem political and social two very different things I'm aware...that lines get blurred but...I don't believe here.

If deemed so.( Hopefully not)..guess I'll have time to work on a tan.

Also, NOTE*" I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A FORUM IN 30 YEARS THAT YOU CANNOT EDIT YOUR COMMENTS NOR DELETE YOUR COMMENTS SO FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE READING THESE AFTER WORK WHEN THEY'RE TIRED THEY MAY BE PRONE TO MAKING COMMENTS THAT THEY NORMALLY WOULDN'T MAKE MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA MAYBE TO SEE ABOUT ALLOWING PEOPLE TO DELETE OR LATE EDIT WHAT THEY SAY MYSELF INCLUDED SOMETIMES...

And of course "I can ramble " which there is a certain group of people that do not like that if I write too much doesn't mean you have to read it...

Have a good eve all.

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

what you "writ" barely qualifies as writing. It's really more a stream of consciousness -- like an ant running around stimulating neurons in a random fashion. :D

redtailracing likes this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hey at least he has introduced paragraphs, give him some credit. :)

R Acree, Banditracer and auminer like this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Good point. I somehow missed those with the random bold/italic/underline/CAPS formatting-induced dizziness.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And this, to me, is worth more than words can say.

This is some shit that happens to other people. When the guy was getting out of his car in the dashcam footage that is all over the interwebz, my wife was walking out of a storefront 30-40 yards over the dashcam driver's left shoulder, on her way to get a pretzel and a Starbucks right next door to where the shitheel got deaded. Google has Fatburger in the wrong place. It is right next to Wetzel's.

They have not identified the cop yet, and I kinda hope they don't publicly ID him (her?) but I would still love the opportunity to look him in the eye and give him my heartfelt gratitude for being there and running TOWARDS the gunfire and taking out the threat.

I hope none of you ever get a call from your heart and soul telling you that they are that close to mortal danger... While you are 30 miles away and utterly useless to do anything more than listen to the police scanner and relay information. I thank Dog that I married a level-headed woman with more balls than 98.6% of 'men' these days who quietly took charge of what she could control without bringing any attention to herself, and who extracted herself from the situation at the first safe opportunity. Everything else is just noise. We haven't watched any Gnus since then and don't want to. Sadly, what I have seen is that the MSM is dissecting the fuckwit's history, while ignoring the 8 people he killed. This is a problem.

cBJr, Phl218, YamahaRick and 3 others like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't even remember banning you so there is no singling anyone out. If you got banned you said something that I found to be political - and in the definition used here it is anything that would be brought up in a political campaign. Not just discussions of politicians or parties or the political systems. It is NOT your personal definition, it is mine.

I don't allow deleting or editing after 30 minutes because that is long enough to realize you said dumb shit. After that it stays so you might learn from saying dumb shit to no longer say dumb shit. I hold myself to the same standard.

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

No comment.

Bugslayer likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Can we change a username to TLDR?

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen whole threads disappear .

Don't delete anything? Weird claim.

Banditracer likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

Paragraphs, punctuation and other nonsense constructs are optional in sheeplish......

18. sheepofblue

Agree and RIP to those not as blessed as you/her that day

Pride & Joy likes this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Absolutely. This is what we should be focused on. Some people are broken inside. All the pontificating about motivation or tools used or ideology is meaningless to me. You’ll never prevent evil people from doing evil things but you can celebrate a hero who, even if nameless, saved a lot of lives by throwing their own on the table. We shouldn’t just gloss over how beautiful that is.

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The Cho family gets me bad. My wife and I are a few years older with a 3 and 6 year old. Can't look at my 6 year old and even fathom the pain of that poor boy who watched his parents and brother die.

Scout, R1M370, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.