1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ever since they spent a single penny they've been using the metric system.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Rebel635, Razr and sharkattack like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

5. auminer

I’m not putting my hands around your waist bro, I’ll figure it out. o_O

[​IMG]

6. auminer

@eggfooyoung do you work for Hulu's cybersecurity division? o_O

[​IMG]

Funkm05 likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It’s a Tiger Fish…. I could only imagine what that one was like pulling in… I caught this one 5 years ago on the Zambezi River… 841EAF16-1669-4CAB-963A-280613E6DFA2.jpeg

Razr and fastfreddie like this.
  8. auminer

But only *some* of you know what I'm talking about...

[​IMG]

Addison, CR750, SundaySocial and 3 others like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Different kind of discharge.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

orgy

Attached Files:

auminer likes this.
  11. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

13. sdg

sdg *

Meh

fastfreddie likes this.
  14. auminer

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I can't help fact checking extravagant claims like this when I see them. From what little I've been able to gather this is mostly true. The tab has 8 bottles of whiskey but other than that the numbers are accurate. But a couple of implications in the text are not.

It is not accurate that this was a farewell party for Washington. It was a celebration of the completion of the US Constitution which would be signed a couple days later. Washington wasn't "going away" and in fact would be elected to be the first president under the newly established constitution in 1789 and famously step aside after serving two terms 10 years after this party. This is not really that big a deal but why not just say what it was really about instead of making something up?

It is also not accurate that the 55 "attendees" drank all of this listed content in a single evening. The tab is for the supplies that were pre-ordered for the event. It is by no means certain that all of it was drunk that evening. Also the tab mentions the fact that in addition to the attendees there would be musicians and servants present. It's not that big a stretch to imagine that some of that alcohol was consumed by these people as well.

It's still a lot of alcohol, so there's that. According to some estimates the tab was for the equivalent of over $17,000 in "today" money. Modern galas no doubt dwarf that number by several orders of magnitude from a "cost per attendee" standpoint.

beac83, BigBird and backbone like this.
  16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Buncha pansy-ass kids. Back in my day my "therapy" for someone making fun of my shoes was to see how much they laughed with said shoe lodged firmly up their ass.

Get off my lawn!

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cons were better.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

For ass lodging?

Nah.

Doc Martins left more of a mark....

20. auminer

If yours said Doc Martins on the label, you had cheap Chinese knockoffs...:Poke:

CBRRRRR999, sharkattack and Robin172 like this.