I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Who?

2. [​IMG]

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Ring tells me the vortex pst 2 1-6 delivered!

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I see no reason why anyone should be proactively informing any useless govt agencies about anything they may or may not have assembled out of parts that were legal at the time they were legally purchased.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

All well and good until you're "discovered".
    No shortage of rats.

6. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Little ones (I used them for the pistols on the door, side walls and point attachment for the big subs on the floor...) really strong work well.

GMW Gun Magnet [2-Pack] | 30 lbs. Rating Magnetic Gun Mount | HQ Rubber Coated Gun Magnet Buckler Series for Car, Truck, Desks, Safes, and Walls | Concealed Gun Holder for Handgun https://a.co/d/gOUwnyP

Medium size (length wise) but by far the strongest - used them on the door for the K subs and on the wall....ridiculously strong....my favorites....just wish they were longer....

LULACOOL 4Pcs Gun Magnet Mount,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095P788KT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

"long ones"....was disappointed with them (especially compared to the strength of the ones above....bought them to test them against the others. Still found use for them - they are the ones I use for the rifle barrels because the length is beneficial....also use them under my desk and on the side of my nightstand to hold pistols (which they do work really well for)...they were just shit trying to support the K subs by themselves (the guns would slide off them)....if I had do it again, Id look for 55lbs in their length.

CoBak Gun Magnet Mount - 2 Pack Gun Mount with Silicone Coated, 35 Lbs https://a.co/d/2gwqH9q

Hope that helps!

wsmc42, thrak410 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

On this very site.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Super long shot, but I am looking for a Beretta 950 bs original magazine. Does anyone have one?

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I believe the term you are looking for is "bootlickers". And yes, they are everywhere.

10. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Since my initial post, I’ve been to the range and fired a G44 and a TX22. I was more accurate with the TX in a side by side comparison.

Next up will be the P322 and Ruger Mark 4 if I can find a local range with them in the rental fleet.

Thanks for the advice.

britx303 likes this.
  11. Love the magnet idea. Gonna get me some.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Well, couldn't have asked for a better performance from the Tisas 1911. Put 125 rounds through it and its way more accurate than I am lol. No issues from the gun at all. I used 100rds of winchester white box (old! hah) and 25rds of some steel cased surplus.

My best grouping was 15 rounds in 1.5" at 20ft.

Only issue I ran into is the rim of the last round kept hanging up on the 'dimple' on the mag follower. I've been reading up on why its there, but not sure I want/need it. Seems to be a hot topic online LOL. Most of the time the last round failed to feed due to it. It was even VERY difficult to pull the round out by hand, it was locked in the mag so tight. Never seen anything like it.

13. The only logical fix for that is to replace it with a Staccato.

MachineR1, StaccatoFan and thrak410 like this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@RonR and I met up last night and I got to shoot your old Staccato and he shot my DH3.

@Gorilla George if you get another Staccato and decide you don't want to keep it, let me know. I got dibs. ;-)

Gorilla George and RonR like this.
  15. Is it possible to completely remove the Safety?

That is the only thing I didn't like about it.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds more like a mag spring tension issue...it's too strong. What's the mag capacity?

You could try and polish the dimple, slick it up a bit. Finding a weaker spring is another option.
    A flat follower "might" be okay with the strong spring...look for a telltale of the extractor pushing past the rim on the base of a fired case. There should NOT be a telltale.
    No dimple AND a weak spring is not the answer.

With 1911s, better magazines are almost always the answer for any/all digestive issues.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If I say no, will you buy another one to sell it to me? :crackup:

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Funny thing the first mag yesterday I accidentally hit the safety. Looked at DZ and said that’s exactly why Chris didn’t like it. I’ve got a few 1911 style pistols so I’m somewhat used to it but that safety is larger to accommodate on / off easily. Changing it to a smaller safety is easy enough but for what I’m using it for large and easy is much better. E0BD6EEC-8CED-4BBA-A972-BA3FDAAFE731.jpeg 1DA42985-9234-4797-8C21-2CE75B954CFE.jpeg

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

1911 owners be like "Man this thing is great! Only malfunction is the last round every time". :D

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I was surprised all that very positive review ended with a huge negative but I think it’s easily repaired with a mag and that’s not really a “gun” issue.

thrak410 likes this.