1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Well the final vote was grey LoL

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's probably already planning to trade it in...

Gorilla George and fastfreddie like this.
  3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

First right of refusal called here & now

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

The dude has more money in his car wax than my entire car is worth!

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Dibs on second. I just watched a vid about that car. Other than sounding pretty much like any other Euro V8, holy crap did that thing get out of the hole and make scenery blurry in a hurry. :cool:

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Fuck me. I just saw the current going rate for P7s...

$3350

New, if there are any, $4360.

I'm so happy! :D

KIMG0262.JPG

Attached Files:

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Copped a grey Volvo last week for a beater/road-trip car. I’m officially a dad. Lol

3800 bucks. 115k miles on the car. New (used) motor installed that was rebuilt before installation. And has pretty new tires to boot! Haha

beat that Broome!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wheres the pics? Is there really only ONE pic of the car? With as much effort everyone put into this thread we deserve more than just a single pic. :D

9. I finally got a chance to get alone and go play in the mountains yesterday. And this thing is like, I mean, fuck. I don’t have the vocabulary to do it justice.

I’ve seen how all of the reviewers go on and on about it, but I never know who is sponsored and shit so I don’t know who is being truthful.

But now I can say, they all were.

“Fast” doesn’t do it justice. The acceleration is almost violent.

But the thing is, as fast as it is, the power is completely overshadowed by the handling. It just doesn’t make sense. I’ve driven big cars and little cars, I don’t know how they made a big car feel so little.

I know there is a lot of shit going on when I enter a corner. The more aggressive (compared to regular Cayenne Turbo) Torque Vectoring, the recalibrated Dynamic Chassis Control with the Active suspension and Active anti-roll bars, plus the 4-wheel steering.

There is a lot going on, so it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what makes all the difference. I reckon it’s all of it together.

But the thing is, you can’t feel any of it working. If you didn’t know all of that was happening, you wouldn’t know anything was going on. It just turns on a dime and stays flat. No body roll whatsoever.

I’ve taken all these mountain roads thousands of times. And every time I approached a corner braking where/how I normally do and carrying the speed I normally do, I got into the corner and was like “Ugh. I fucked it up”. What normally felt like a good/fast corner speed, in the TGT it felt like I was creeping. It felt like Pete was laughing at me like “Really? That’s it? I’m getting sleepy”. :crackup:

When going, it’s primarily rear wheel drive. Yesterday I got it to step out a little exiting a corner, then I decided to not brake at all for the next corner (like I normally do). I decided to just stay in it and trust it. And even then it still felt like nothing. It felt like I could have easily doubled that speed.

I came out of it thinking “Why? Why build a machine like this. This fucking thing is insane. Who needs something like this?”

Then after a few seconds I was like “Shit. I guess me.” :crackup:

Ive never driven a car with 4-wheel steering before. We had to make a U-Turn in a parking lot last night and I swear it almost felt like the damn thing just rotated on itself without going anywhere. Then turn radius is nothing.

It will get me in trouble though. On the interstate I looked at the HUD and saw I was going 92mph, and it felt like I was going 20mph. It felt like I was barely rolling along. I’m sure I’ll get a ticket at some point.

RonR, BigBird, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  10. But I gotta say, out of everything it has/does, my most favorite thing is the big robot wing that extends up at 60mph and goes back down at 40mph. :D

I’m always keeping at eye on the HUD and when I get to 60 I’ll look in the rearview mirror and watch the robot wing come out and it makes me giggle every time. :crackup:

RonR, BigBird, auminer and 1 other person like this.
  11. Haha ok. I have a few more. :D
    082082EE-B338-4928-A18F-1178D0EEEB7A.jpeg

12. The roof. :clap:

E9CBAA97-9658-4B35-9AF9-9FC70B986D01.jpeg

BigBird and thrak410 like this.
  13. After just 50 miles the Ti exhaust is already turning blue.

F03417F0-8D1A-435E-876F-E7BCD74E6EAB.jpeg

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats better.... Where's the interior? :D

15. Shit I forgot. I was in a trance zoned out because of all the buttons and forgot to take a picture. :D

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well, we’re waiting… tap tap tap… :blart:

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What buttons? It used to have a lot of buttons. Now it has a bunch of touch sensitive, haptic feedback piano black surface that should never be in a vehicle.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Did it come with the things that pop up in your speakers? I remember you saying that’s why you ordered the fancy stereo, because it might have that feature?