1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's a good call.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Made you look.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

https://www.alcantara.com/cleaning-maintenance/how-clean-alcantara/

"Don’t rub too vigorously, and we don’t recommend using steam machines."

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Venom51

Yeah..you have to be careful with it. Thus I don't see it as a durable interior materiel. Scrubbing on it will just shear the fibers off and the fluff will disappear. I use steam simply to avoid product residue. I've had good luck doing it my way and I only do it maybe once a year. Been doing the suede on the truck seats that way since I bought it. They still look new.

5. WTF :crackup:

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You won't own the car long enough for the alcantara to become a real problem anyway. It looks really bad on all the contact surfaces in older cars. It wears were so much faster than the rest of the interior. I don't know why they do that.

7. I don't either. I reached up and touched the roof when I was sitting in it. I don't think I would like grabbing that all the time. I am glad I changed all my shit.

8. Venom51

Yes you do. They are called profits. It's a dirt cheap alternative to suede and people still pay for it like it is suede.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

After reading this stoopid thread, I pulled the trigger on getting my new Yukon ceramic coated. Picked it up this morning. It’s f@cking GORGEOUS. That $hit ain’t cheap, but GOOD GOD does it shine.

My wife hates you all for that bill. That is all.

10. Dude great call! It not only makes it look amazing, but it will stay that way for a long time.

11. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

What did you guys end up paying for a good ceramic coat job?

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The good ones cost a lot because of the prep involved. If the shop can't prep and paint-correct properly then the coating isn't worth shit. The paint has to be perfect already to really make the ceramic coating worth it, or else you are sealing in clearcoat defects.

That's why it typically costs soo much. Typically between 1-3K depending ont vehicle and how much prep is involved..........new cars are usually pretty easy to prep if the factory/transportation didn't screw up the finish.

BigBird, Saiyan66 and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Total was just over $2500, including the paint correction and ceramic.

Saiyan66 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. Mine was only $2k, but there wasn’t much prep work to do on it. He said as far as OEM paint jobs go, it was pretty cool. He still had to do some correcting, but it didn’t take that long.

I didn’t think it was too bad since they did the entire car (wheels, calipers, everything) and it came with a lifetime warranty.

He asked me to come by once a year (at least, he said I can come as often as I want) and he will do a “health check” on the ceramic and touch up any places that need it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    BigBird and Saiyan66 like this.
  15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

On a Porsche, the minor corrections they typically have to do is making sure there isn't any paint contaminants like rail dust if it's been on a locomotive at any point, and making sure there isn't any residual adhesive from the masking film they cover most of the car with for shipping.

Back in college I worked for a Porsche dealer and was mostly assigned to new delivery prep and inspection.........very rare to have an issue but it does happen. They were always pretty quick to rectify it, though. Nice thing about Porche is they use so much clear coat that there is plenty of material to work with if any big defects needed to be corrected.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Thats cool info, I didn’t think about any of that.

17. Shit. Found a flaw already.

The gap between the storage compartment in my door and the door handle arm rest thing is too short/close.

When I mount the holster in the cubby hole in the door, the Sig P320 X-FIVE Legion can’t fit into the holster because it’s too big/long. It hits the door arm rest thing.

Now I gotta find a smaller gun for the door that will fit between that gap. :mad:

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Just leave the P320X in the Jag since you don't need it anymore.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Not necessarily. The correct answer is, you gotta get a German gun. I recommend an H&K P7...other handguns cease to exist once you go Pete7. :D

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.