1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR Diversity & Sensitivity Training

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So, unretired myself and have to take these on-line training courses. They are interactive and you have to complete quizzes to make sure you don’t just sleep through them.

It’s a little disconcerting how often I have said to the screen, “Uppercuts, the correct answer is always uppercuts.”

:crackup:

Rebel635, BigBird, crashman and 11 others like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

:crackup:

No way I am coming out of funemployment when it happens.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hopefully, you won't have to actually interact with the thin-skinned babes-in-the-woods types that necessitated the creation of these superfluous programs.

4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Does it say you have to PASS these so called quizzes???

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What were you thinking?? Stop, go back to Retired...for those of us who will never see it.

Banditracer likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've been self employed for pretty much my whole life, I think I would fail immediately. :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to train sensitivity and diversity? Send the people here and they’ll learn to not be so damn sensitive.

sissy ass butthurt bitches!

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lolol. Some of them you have to get right to advance. Yesterday, there was one question where you had to identify harassing behavior, four choices, choose up to four. I chose all four. Wrong, try again please. OK try this. Nope. Try that. Nope. I got fed up and watched soccer.

Then I had an epiphany and said, hey, apparently I get an unlimited number of at bats, I don’t care what the answer is, let the math do the work, there can only be 15 choices. So I ground it out.

Anyway, while two of the behaviors may not technically be harassment, “Hal” is clearly an asshole.

And I bitched to HR, along with another course question on the 1940 Act (SEC, whatever) that was clearly wrong.

Happily, this likely will be the last of my interaction with HR. They are great, but our team is a bunch of competent sarcastic folks with some sense. :)

SpeedyTide likes this.
  9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

We had these, and other training courses, we had to do every year at my former employment. Usually you had to score 80-90% to pass. Even if you didn't pass, you got another chance to retake it. Not sure what happened if you failed it twice. Prolly chat with HR. I always passed them....just common sense stuff. :D

10. :crackup: :crackup:

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've worked in the construction industry pretty much my entire life, what's HR?

noles19, Sprinky, evakat and 4 others like this.
  12. The day they introduce “sensitivity training” in the oilfield will be the day I change careers.

13. Venom51

It was a transition for me into office life. After growing up working for my father in construction I kind a felt like people didn't like me if I they weren't cussing at me. :D

noles19, Boman Forklift and pfhenry like this.
  14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

To one that doesn't allow you to buy a new High End SUV every year? Riiiiggghhhtt

Gorilla George and Banditracer like this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's sort of like that bug bite on your ass you can't quite scratch away.

beac83 and rd400racer like this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I haven't been in the field since 1987 but nothing much has changed. Only real difference I see is the amount of shit some people are willing to put up with for a paycheck. It's a lot less than it was 30+ years ago.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Trust me... This place is exactly like a few of the facilities I've had under my watch.

Oh and just so we are all clear.. Dave K is the one who made the call to kill merits and bonuses next year. Not HR.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's the department that provides no value other than to protect the company at all costs, even to the point of fucking over employees.
    They do whatever they can to have a reason to exist, yet not a single person outside of HR can tell you why they are needed.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Newsflash...they didn't like you either.

20. Venom51

Well at least they are consistent.