1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I think Kayla and that M4 kid Tyler will be the next set of Americans that will head over the pond.

2. backbone

backbone scarred for life

It's too late but if MA would have kept the mods to the twins to damn near stock like JC it would be a better stepping stone class.

Nathey and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Yea man that was tough, props to Dustin for pushing back

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It would look like Jr Cup too with one brand of bike on the grid..

Gino230, 418, ts199 and 4 others like this.
  5. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

I think Kayla's years on the Kramer taught her what a proper racing motorcycle should handle like. It is a light motorcycle, with only moderate power, so it is easy to ride without a lot of physical strength. The Twins Cup bikes are heavier and more physical to ride (I've raced both a 690 Kramer and a built 07), but well within her current physical capabilities. The R6, which it appears she'll also race (beyond this weekend at RRR), will be another step up in weight and power. I think Dave is taking a great approach with Kayla, moving forward and up gradually every year.

I'm also interested to see what Blake Davis does next year, now that he is 16. I know he wanted to get a bunch of time on a 600 towards the end of this past season, but I don't know if he did. The N2 R6 could be available, as well as the R7 he rode last year.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm looking forward to Kayla kicking all you Twins Cup guys ass. :crackup:

7. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Our experience this year has been similar. My rider has started racing a Kramer in addition to his R3 this year. His progress is slower on the R3 it seems due to size behind able to make the next jump up in performance vs the Kramer was able to get competitive in a shorter amount of time. But I would say geography and available club opportunities have been more of a factor in having a program built on the R3 vs a GP bike. WERA really stands alone in allowing young riders to race GP bikes and bigger/faster bikes than any other org.

5axis likes this.
  8. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Hank the Tank! You have a good one Billy. I'm honored to get smoked by him on Supermotos.

9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Lol thanks. Last time out at Shawano I had to come up with some gimmicks just to keep him near me for more than 1 corner. We rode side by side a whole session, and another the leader had to give up the lead at the next corner. Absolutely nothing was learned but I felt better about myself.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The bikes can be limited just like SS. It's FN stupid to have a Twins bike that costs $30-50k+

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I belly ached about this when the class first started, I've always disliked pocketbook racing, which this has become.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is pro racing, pocketbook will always matter.

backcountryme and jocko like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

No Doubt, but SS type classes don't need 10K+ engines.

backbone likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

But imagine the trap speeds they’d be capable of! :D :crackup:

5axis likes this.
  15. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Uhhhhhh.......

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The machines in that class don't have anything close to parity off the showroom floor, so something had to be done. Kind of like SuperSport Next Generation.

I'd rather spend $$ building a bike that remains competitive for multiple seasons, instead of buying and SV for 2018, buying an FZ for 2019, buying an Aprilia for 2021 and on.

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Luke Power off to WSS:

Super happy to announce that I will be racing for @motozooracingteam next year in the @worldsbk World Supersport Championship! Massive thank you to @puccettiracing the whole MotoZoo racing team and @kawasaki_racing_eu for this amazing opportunity! Luke Power.JPG

Nathey, Trainwreck and evakat like this.
  18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I love how the 09-12 ZX6R is still the best ZX6R. I wonder when the FIM will make Kawi move up to the 19+ dealios?

Also, remember last year when the WSS600 Yamaha camp was real mad about the rules and claimed that it wouldn't be competitive for them, and that the Ducati would smash everyone?

Then a Yamaha rider won the whole championship, another Yamaha rider came P2, and a 10+ year old ZX6R chassis/moto came 3rd? lol Every single manufacturer EXCEPT Ducati won a WSS600 race in 2022. lol

19. Boman Forklift

That makes sense. The first year is seemed like they allowed a lot of mods for the Yamaha to run with or beat the SV’s, and I heard ridiculous amounts guys spent on engines. But maybe that wasn’t accurate?

I do agree it seems a lot is required now for a SV or Yamaha to run with an Aprila.

Gino230 likes this.
  20. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

How did you achieve the increased trail? Raising the front end?