1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bought a Powerball ticket, first time ever.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 21, 2022.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Agreed. The last thing I would want would be for my name to be anywhere attached to it. I'm not that much concerned for myself, but no amount of money would be worth a family member (that I like) being kidnapped.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

@Dave K : PM me your adress!!

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

@Dave K would end up in jail for killing the Slim Jim stealing cat

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

See! Win-win!

:D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I really haven’t had a slim Jim since my sidekick died (and then, got me hassled by the cops as his last FU to me). They just don’t work anymore without having to do battle with a runt Maine coon.

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm like that up til 200mill or more :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, other than the issue of having to share with multiple winners it's about time to spend the 585 million to buy every possible number combination :D

8. Dave Wolfe

Whats your price? Name change for a year.

9. Because that $150m isnt worth your time. :crackup:

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Haven’t paid attention, why am I being offered payment of spiced meat sticks?

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Mostly to do what you might do for free.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I have the same mindset when it comes to our lotto. I know what a colossal waste of money and "poor tax" it is, but I still get sucked in every few months when I'm pumping gas, and that sign in the window is flashing 70million (our jackpots aren't as big as the powerball). "That's pump #6 and give me a lotto max with no encore". It's only $5, and that drive home from work is a whole lot more enjoyable thinking about the earth scorching ways I'd quit my job :D. OLG gets about $20-30 a year from me, and I'm ok with that. I DO know 2 people that have won 1 million though. One spent it all, and the other is doing just fine. Traded his C4 for a C7 when he won.

Which brings up another point, all these jackwagons that say "I'm just going to keep working, and live the same". Bullshiat, I'm making two phone calls. One to the lottery to make sure I actually have the winning ticket, and two, to my boss. Actually I'd probably hand deliver that news...... I wouldn't alter my lifestyle drastically, I'm a pretty simple guy, but with 70million, but you can be damn sure I'm not getting up every day and going to work for somebody else. That's a lot of money, and invested wisely would mean me and my family would be financially set for life. I'd also have no problem telling leeches where to go, and how to get there. It would actually be enjoyable to me :D.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Swear like an 87 year old Italian grandfather on Christmas? Give Sean a bunch of shit over who knows what? Rattle on like grand pa Simpson? Do shit that I and two or three others find high-larious but leaves everyone else thinking “what is that loon talking about now?”

Eh, I’ll look later. Might be something worth doing to pop myself.

14. Dave Wolfe

Bump

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Win the money and we'll talk :D

17. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Post your name and address, here, on the beeb and with your FB friends so that everyone -- friends (and friends you didn't know you had) -- can all send you 'Congratulations' cards...

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

That just seems wrong. To be okay with that. :D

It gets complicated when a likable family does, in fact, like the family member that you find unlikable. Especially if we're talking about 'likable' Mom. All Moms can turn up the guilt factor to eleven.

cBJr likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm fresh out of those.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Concerns or family members?