Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

He had his phone out before he slid through the sponsor sign.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I see. I suppose the rules are what they are. Though that does seem odd to me. Maybe I've been mistaken all this time but I can honestly say I've never heard of the cutoff being written that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked for the popularity of the twins class and what appear to be increased grid sizes across the board this year. But the difference between 30 bikes on the grid versus 36 doesn't make a world of difference in terms of "the show," at least not until those extra 6 become lapped traffic and one of them inevitably interferes with the leaders. When twins first started, I would have made qualifying cutoff based on times I set as a novice on a clapped out 70hp SV. And I can confidently say I was never anywhere close to being a pro level racer. I've spent a fair amount of time at the track and on the track with Parrish and other similarly fast guys and trying to convince myself that I was even remotely close enough to those guys to go grid up at the pro level with them would have just been silly. Sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should.

3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

If I was the Ducati team manager I would bring an interpreter as a witness and say to the their rider...we are here to win this championship. Turn off your social media and your opinions until you do that.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Stanboli went IN on Herrin/Petrux on last nights podcast. He backed the HSBK/Warhorse guys and their effort, says the riders are crybabies for resorting to social media.

He's a dick, but he's a fair one. I dig Stanboli.

kirk erlinger, 418, Steeltoe and 4 others like this.
  5. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Standboli loves that there's another team in the paddock that can bring racing closer together and we should be happy that HSBK/Warhorse has the funding and talent to fight at the front with Attack. He was also 100% right that both their riders should stop whining and engaging in IG battles. Being fit mentally is super important and neither HSBK rider is mentally fit right now. That plays into Gagnes chances to earn another #1 plate and if I were Hayes I'd be working to be on the grid at every round to get that Overall win record

kirk erlinger and jd41 like this.
  6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Link ?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Funniest part about that is it was my very first thought at his initial post. Now that he keeps doubling down on the dumb I'm wandering way over to the side of those calling him a whiner.

8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

prm and cav115 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Man this is good stuff!

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

That post maybe is what he should have posted the first time; if he was going to post something.
    Is the finish line at the kink or just after the kink? If so then maybe moving it would help avoid an accident like this? Many have mentioned the track is somewhat narrow at that point and at those speeds there isn't much room to try and draft past someone.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta love doubling down on the dumb AND adding in more injuries.

Still not sure why he keeps going on about how the doc didn't see it on the TV show. He wouldn't, he isn't in race control with dozens of monitors, he's in medical, you know, where doctors work...

Dragginass, jd41 and 418 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on what you're calling the kink. It is no longer at the apex but it's still in it. Same kink he went through for what, a hundred plus laps all weekend? Moving it won't change speed through that area.

The track was NOT the issue, his decisions were. No matter what he says no one did anything wrong other than him. No one.

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I think it would be wise for MA to look at each of his complaints and see if there is anything they can learn (maybe they are). I'm not defending Petrucci's racing decision or how he chose to voice his opinion but it would be foolish to completely dismiss everything he has said.

17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Over/Under on him coming to Road America?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've looked at them all with regard to this incident, so far nothing.

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

One that stood out to me was that maybe "breakaway" signs shouldn't be placed where they could be hit at 170mph. Maybe hitting one at 80 is acceptable but not at higher speeds.

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So I’m interested in the Twins race red flag and other perspectives. I am wondering why there was a crash going into turn 1 at the beginning of lap 3 when a rider was laying on the ground not that far from the racing surface and in the impact zone. That rider had been then for over 1 minute having crashed with another rider at the beginning of lap 2 in turn 1. The 2 bikes and the other rider were moved away from the track before the leaders came back around but the 1 rider was still there laying on the ground fully exposed. Was a standing yellow in that instance enough? If it were me laying on the ground, I wouldn’t be too comfortable in that situation.

Thoughts?

E Reed, MELK-MAN and ungwaha like this.