Erik Buell

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 16, 2022.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Jesus!

It's gotta be the strawberry pop tarts. You guys should stop eating that shit.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

3. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to listening. I bought a Buell 1125R when the HD dealers were blowing them out. One of the most disappointing sport bikes I have ever owned. Loved the motor, the rest was blah, brakes getting hot and acting weird, having to drag rear the rear brake to "pre-load" the belt at the apex of the corner, a chassis which would literally tie itself into knots and fucking spring unload and the most fucked tune up procedure ever. But that little fucker would wheelie on command, made a great snarl when the 60lb stock pipe was changed and made 143HP on a conservative dyno when I put the race ECU in. Danny Eslick was a fucking GOD to win on that bike is all I have to say.

G 97 likes this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Eslick is a world class rider, but the bike he was riding bears minimal resemblance to the one you were riding. Yours had a belt for f#cks sake. :D

Didn’t Taylor Knapp put one in the top 10 in a superbike race?

5. realctex

realctex Member

Tank Slappin' Podcast as Robby Bobby mentioned.

You can find us on iTunes, SoundCloud and Spotify. We've had some awesome guests. We keep it unfiltered and try to get some content you've never heard before in politically correct interviews, etc.

Here is a link to our Kenny Roberts show: https://soundcloud.com/tankslappinpodcast/episode-52-kenny-roberts-v2

We've had Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey, John Kocinski, Chris Carr, Colin Edwards, Jay Springsteen, Scott Parker, Josh Hayes, Ben Bostrom, Roger Lee Hayden, Eric Bostrom, Jake Zemke, Dave Despain, Travis Pastrana, Jake Gagne, Tyler Bereman, Roland Sands, Randy Goss, David Aldana, Kenny Roberts Jr., Jared Mees and many more. Check it out.

6. Robby-Bobby

Nice avatar. Cant wheelie for shit.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. realctex

realctex Member

Your avatar looks like it was taken with a Nextel, so relax chief.

Sudowoodo, Sprinky, Spang308 and 3 others like this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Dude it was from Daytona like 2002. something crazy like that. And I don't know how to fix it. So theres another task for you.

9. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

It wasn't hard to get a bike built the same as Eslick's. All the race parts like the chain drive swingarm and exhaust headers were available to anyone in their on-line category. I dropped off my engine at the shop in WI and said "make it like Danny's". Tjon shrugged and said no-problem. He was May's crew chief at the time and he built my engine. It's still running great today with nothing but valve adjustments. Say what you will about the bikes, but their focus on customer service was not found with any other oem in my experience.

G 97 likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well ya bought boutique, getting boutique level service isn’t unexpected.

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I thought it was the flat track version of Excitebike

2022-05-18 13_05_16-Window.jpg

12. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I'll have to check some of those out I'd be interested to hear Kosinski and Roland Sands,

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Yep, Road America. Erik was thrilled and came by the pits right afterwards and delivery a whole care package of Buell goodies.

Erik was probably one of the most intense people I’ve interviewed in the motorbike world. His mind was always formulating something.

G 97 likes this.
  14. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Jennings GP Track record:
    Nick Canepa
    12/18/2014
    1:12,305
    EBR1190 RX

5axis likes this.
  15. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Road Rash.

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You guys still doing Timonium?

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Have any other MotoGP level riders been to Jennings since?

20. Robby-Bobby

Been about 10 years for me.

rice r0cket, 5axis and tgold like this.