1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You gotta do it.

MELK-MAN and SpeedyTide like this.
  2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Ohhh, that sounds fun. Where are you seeing that?

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Supercross had record attendance... almost as many fans as the 500 this year...

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Kudos to the Truelove bro's as well - they both ran incredibly well given their lack of prep and track time there.

steved57, Nathey, Gino230 and 4 others like this.
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I haven't been to the Ocean Deck in years. Too loud and crowded for me. Vanilla Ice was staying at Putin's Laundromat, not the Sea Dunes. That's why Bunny reamed him for being in my space. Predicting that place will never be finished.
    The weather screwed things up. Anybody at the Sea Dunes who rode a Harley or an Indian was interested in watching the Baggers. But not in this weather. The Dunes was half empty by Saturday.
    My only function at the track was to post pictures and info to the NEMRR Facebook page. Innovative Motorsports sponsored my efforts. I met a shit ton of Loudon people over the course of 5 days. Some I hadn't seen in decades. This took up a lot of time, so I never got around to hooking up with Steady T.
    @Steady T Sorry that it looked like I blew you off. People from the past kept popping up. Back at the Dunes, I ended up having three dinner dates with Paulita, plus various house outings. I know too many people down here.

27, Steady T and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Today. You went there. You win.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

True. The entire weekend was a fiasco with ad hoc rules, broken infrastructure, poor communication and more. Unless you were there you won't know how pissed off everyone was but talk to people who were there and I guarantee there won't be accolades by most. I was approached at least a half dozen times and told that ASRA did a better job of running the race, and I thanked them for the compliment.

I did my best from 2015 through 2021 to respect the tradition and keep the race alive. I'm a realist and I know it's time to move on, I just hope that the new custodians get their act together and show more care and respect in the future.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

For sure. Looking long term going forward, I just think MA is better leveraged to bring in more racers, more teams, more manufacturers, more fans. This race being the transitional period; even with all the associated headaches etc, I still think Daytona and the 200 is better positioned now, than they were with CCS.

Now watch MA bail and cancel their involvement for next year. :crackup:

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I saw it and actually thought he stayed out 2 more laps

TX Joose and 27 like this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

There is a huge hole in the "middle" of motoamerica. The guys on the grid like Frank and Scotty know their shit and obviously some legends at the top with decent vision but the logistics organization and communication is complete amateur hour. The website is garbage, policies and procedures are just old bad habits from the ama days. The vision is there, the execution is crap

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Anyone what happened to Alex @KneeDragger_c69 ? He was very active on FB and here until the race.

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Anyone know who the racer was that crashed and got back and started to go the WRONG WAY into the chicane??? I screamed like a little girl till he swerved to the right when he saw that bike coming at him.

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Lap 3 through the chicane was awesome

14. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

TurboBlew, Nathey, 23103a and 2 others like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, no doubt.

16. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Interested to hear examples of ad hoc rules, poor communication. The person I was with had 2 schedule updates via email on Sat and numerous updates over the radio. Are you talking about the new bike rules?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Pretty sure he's on the beeb but I'll let him incriminate himself.

Snitches get stitches around here. :D

18. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

One example. The published rule for the fuelers (including the fire bottle guy) required wearing a helmet, balaclava or mask. TOBC wanted clarification on "mask" and sent a representative to tech to get an answer. After being bounced from one official to another the representative was finally told that they rule was self-explanatory. The representative asked again for the definition of a mask and was finally told to wear whatever they wanted and to leave tech. Later a bulletin was issued requiring only long pants.

Another. The six person over the wall limit included anyone who handed something to someone over the wall but didn't cross over themselves. Not in the rulebook.

Grids for Twins race 2 were updated but never communicated until we were staging.

Schedule updates were not an issue.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

think it was Sarbora... but I was screaming at the CW who released him...
    Id give the racer the benefit as he just hit the deck.

20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I'll let it slide this time, homeboy. Good shootin' the shit on the phone, though. Great stories. Ended up at the Streamline most nights. Cheers!