1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

There is the difference... the winner rode a calm uneventful race, riding the bike as it needed ridden, not over the edge and tearing up tires and or wearing themselves out for a 1/2 second that wasn’t important at thentime... they can all ride them like that but some wanted to be there at the end.. not making it look like it’s impossible in the middle and running out of gas playing with your buddy after you signaled the lap before

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. There was no reason to run it close, doesn’t help and not worth the risk, they wouldn’t do it.

I’ve never run out of fuel in the 200, as a rider or owner, I’ve never won it either, but have finished respectfully. Won an endurance or two as well, never ran out of fuel...

Gino230 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, not on the face?

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Ferracci on the left?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Papa, you’re going to have to fire up the craziest girl thread for that answer...

At Daytona any finish where you end up on the tables of the Ocean Deck is a good time... :D

G 97 and Cawk Star like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yep... he put together the Petrucci ride for this year... Danilo talked about him godfathering it all at Cota last year...

L8RSK8R likes this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

So I take you not a Herrin fan? :D

8. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Looking back the winner really did ride a smart race. Pridmore kept talking about him losing time in the infield but he was just taking it easy and saving whatever tire he had left. He knew he had a strong horse as he pulled up to the group many times only to let off and stay in 4th. He never really came past their rear wheel as to not let them see what he had. Then on the last straight he pulled the pin and the strategy just barely paid off. So sweet and I'm a Yamaha fan.

Then H. Schultz does the exact same thing in the twins class blowing their doors off on the run to the line. He is a big kid and aero matters at Daytona so that R7 is running pretty good.

SundaySocial and koth442 like this.
  9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Ferracci's some pup, turning 84 this year.

27 and Steeltoe like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Friend who goes every year said bike week was the slowest he has ever seen it.

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if the late race with the much colder air was also playing into the fuel consumption.

Pretty much like everyone above, wish JH4 would have won, but I was also cheering for TOBC, for some reason I really like that team.

Would be nice for Passch to use some of the winnings on Herrins only fans or maybe buy him a set of Pirellis.

Also shout out to Ray Hoffman, ran the entire 200 then jumped on the Twins race after.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Similar when Kurtis Roberts was riding for Erion while Hayden and DuHamel were with Honda all on RC-51s and Kurtis was riding hard - abusing and using his tires up and then complained about how it was a set up issue or a bike issue or tire issue or whatever issue but nothing to do with his aggressive riding, while the other Honda boys managed the tires and didn’t have the same level of issues. LOL.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Damn, not impressed is an understatement. Daggers. :eek:

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So did Knowles and James! Beasts!

SundaySocial, Gino230 and rafa like this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Common sense tells me that you should never risk running out of fuel in a 57 lap race going to the first stop. You have to be ready for the last 15 laps so if you're gambling with tires and fuel you do it on the last stop to gain track position.

Gino230, sbk1198 and 27 like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Brandon was David and the Goliath was...:rolleyes:

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m indifferent and was talking about this particular race. Ive known Josh since he was a kid like many on here and wish him the best.

as a team principle I’d have told anyone in that race to ride like Paasch did the last two years, or like JH did, ride smooth, save everything you can and be there at the end. Pit timing errors and fuel issues are inexcusable. That goes for a crew that leaves the rider out or a rider that varies for the plan. The four riders in the end all did it correctly from what I’ve seen and it shows.

koth442 likes this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You can do that respectfully too it just has to be requested...

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yep, exactly... You know a thing or two ;)
    Imagine being regarded as a if not the authority on two wheel road racing in the world and the world sees you going to America, your top market, to show Daytona once and for all that all you had to do was actually apply yourselves to win.

Then being so confident in your bike that you only enter one rider. Then... your rider doesn’t listen to you and stays out an extra lap to play(as is being reported) and also you listened to the team that put the bike so close to out of fuel to begin with... the issue is Tardozzi was there... he can’t act like he/they didn’t care.... bet they think again before cashing checks and showing such interest to be embarrassed...

The Great One likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C’mon look at the bright side, at least a Ducati finally finished the Daytona 200 on a single engine. :D