Who has a chopper? Britt still here? I want a chopper.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 19, 2022.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You guys ever get in any 1st gen thruxtons? I’m half assed tire kicking for another within a year or so, preferably a beater,but seems finding those particular ones are impossible……….ok back to the choppers.

2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I have an incomplete build of the most idiotic middle age crisis motorcycle in the world, sitting in my garage. It is a horrid, V8 bike. I started building it but then the road race bug bit and all my time and money has went to road racing for several years. I have never mentioned this on here before because of embarrassment. There, I confessed!

3. britx303

And just like that………I feel better about myself :D

dave3593 and YamahaRick like this.
  4. dave3593

o_O

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yup we don’t currently but on occasion. But the hipsters buy them fast. Lol

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

Yeah I know, that’s what bought mine when I sold it:( F*ckin hipsters:crackup:

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Big Block/Small Block? Details..space and tire money..is what I am hearing here. Photos? :)

8. britx303

Keeding keeding :D

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kind of V8??
    Ive ridden a couple of Boss Hoss... nothing but a heavy rolling burnout machine.
    If you get them over 100mph its um interesting.

dave3593 and The Todd like this.
  10. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

LOL, reminds me after my freshman year In College '79, I bought a '76 Honda CB750four.
    BUT, the guy had slightly extended fork tubes on it, and Ape hangers, AND a freik'n Full WindJammer fairing too!

I was young, still stupid and bought it anyways. Over the next few months I had it restored to nearly stock front end- thank God.
    On the highway trips from Austin to Dallas or Houston, etc. the windjammer was nice though.

So, I guess I kinda had a chopper then, way back when LOL

11. dave3593

298 Ford because they are small and plentiful. Trsnsmission is Harley aftermarket 6 speed. The engine is in the sidewinder configuration because I liked the look and the shorter wheelbase. Forks are from an old gs1000. Rigid tail with car tire. I designed and built the frame. It is all just tacked together by me. My next step was to take it to a good welder for complete joint welds.

Britt likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, Britt is a pretty good welder. . . :D

13. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I was wondering if “V8 bike” would bring you back around. Seems I remember seeing another one of those in a chicken shed….

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I hate choppers. I went the opposite direction on my first bike(and build). P0000837B~2.jpg

15. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Have a few Bell 212 amd 412's and pair of AW139's. All are being parted out. Never had a R22. Well not yet.
    Was just at a Helicopter auction a few weeks back with my son. This heavily damaged one sold for $200 bucks, my son wanted it just to fuck around with.

Attached Files:

Triple X likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Bell 212...thats a Huey man. I can ride 60 gunner in that thing for ya'. Remember for women and children you just dont lead them as much....

Dude. $200 bucks. You should have bought it .Some sim guy would have paid 5x that to make a sim out of it. Or someone would use it as a planter in an airpark.

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

A number of years ago, I met one of the beeb's "personalities" at breakfast at a hotel near CMP. He liked my homage to brand Y. He said he had an old Yamaha MX jersey at home that didn't fit him anymore, so he'd give it to me at a future race. And he did! It is very similar to the one the kid is wearing. If I can find it easily, I will post a pic here.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think you just won the thread :crackup:

dave3593 and Britt like this.
  19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Winning still requires PHOTOS...this BEEB has standards to uphold.

969 likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Splatted coffee on my keyboard fucker !! :crackup:

Steeltoe and TurboBlew like this.