Indian Food:

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 16, 2021.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Curry pizza is getting pretty popular

Btw.... West Indian and East Indian/Tibetan food aren’t the same, eastern is BOMB AS FUCK

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The replies are funny hearing your stories. Think anyone who has ate east indian/ west indian food has had an i need to shit toilet moment. Dated a london girl, learened an interesting fact that chicken tikka massala was invented in London and its the national dish of England. I make a lot of curries, spent time in India, The Carribean, SE Asia. The best food I eat is at these little restaurants, nothing fancy, crazy flavors

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Love Curry, after 2 months in India and nepal everything has curry. Does.t matter it has curry. Was in Varanasi India and there is a dominos pizza there after 1 1/2 months eating local just wanted something American with out curry. Walked through a stupid crowdy street parade for 1/4 miles, picked up my pizza fighting through the street party , stepped in a warm plies of cow shit with my sandals on. Made it back to my hotel, opened the box, and fucking tandoori chicken, I laughed, just one fucking thing without curry. Kind of like after 5 months in Asia said you can feed me anything as long as it doesn't have rice

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

this was me for the last 6 years until we went remote and its still kinda me now even at home. somewhere between 8 and 9. have my coffee, check a few emails, maybe a meeting first, and off we go. Director gets a dollar, I get 8-9 dimes, that's why I shits on company time...

also tandoori chicken all day!

also i like Indian food and had a good time in India, but funny enough the best Pizza Hut (not saying much) I can ever remember, I had in India. the ingredients were just so good, and it was legit like a place you could take a date. you could get tiramisu and other fancy shit there, it was weird, but so damn good. that seems to happen often... soda is better in countries with real sugar, China is obsessed with KFC and its fucking good... America slackin.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

If you were smokin' their shit every day you wouldn't even notice.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's what kept me from trying Indian food for so many years. When I lived in Germany, curry and mayo were the only condiments that came with fries, and I did not like curry. So for the longest time I figured that's what all Indian food tasted like. Glad I finally came around and tried the entire menu.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really? Germans LOVE ketchup. They have a ton of different kinds like curry ketchup.

CBRRRRR999 and Yzasserina like this.
  8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm somewhat of a fan of currywurst and the German version.
    I was thinking of the Irish/UK version when I typed that. London has some really good Indian food.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. rd400racer

Maybe it was the region I was in...way up north near the Danish border. I never went to a place that offered ketchup.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The Balti houses in Birmingham are better.

11. Robin172

That was probably it, mayo is the preferred condiment in both Holland and Belgium.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So far only been in / around London.
    Other parts on the docket next time I'm over there.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to weird out Germans, especially bavarians? Get a soft warm pretzel and put mustard on it. :D

you’d think you whipped out your penis and dunked it in their beer. :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

In Landshut where I work sometimes they eat the brezen with the Weiß wurst and handlemaier sweet mustard for brunch, I love going to the spot on Fridays around 10 am for beers and snausages.

……and your definitely smoking that shit if you don’t like Jamaican food. Curried goat ftmfw!

Phl218 likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Next time I'm at a biergarten in Bavaria, I'm gonna try this, along with plopping down at a table and starting up a chat. Should be fun.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s funny because Hamburg is up there iirc

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I used to love doing that: just start talking to some random German while at the bar or wherever. :D
    The expression on their face and also whoever I was with. called it Creeping out the Germans. :D

Phl218 and motion like this.
  18. rd400racer

Spent many a night in Hamburg. Keep in mind this was 42 years ago, I'm sure things have changed.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Aside from goetta, Sachsenring and kraut, Germany can suck it!

20. Robin172

Got your moneys worth on the Reeperbahn then?;)

Phl218 likes this.