Mav out at Yamaha?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 12, 2021.

1. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I think there are few things working in Dixon’s favor: He’s British and Silverstones in Britain (generate British interest in the race), he’s contracted to SRT so no extra rider spend, why not see what you have, and because all motorcycle/racer are romantics at heart and this would be a nice story.

sheepofblue, RichB and YamahaRick like this.
  2. Papa saw the light on this one back in the day, no idea how but he did.

3. There is so much off track stuff with sponsors it’s hard to predict as you don’t know the wish list of sponsors. Results are just a part of the equation with passport being a big factor. I’m in the fence about Dixon as he has small glimpses of brilliance but no consistency. Personally I think relative to the field he will do better in gp than Moto 2. He seems to do better with a shit ton of power that’s wanting to kill him when he opens the throttle which is what BSB bikes are with minimal rider aids.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

How many cubic centimeters are there in a leader bike?

sdg and BigBird like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The cylinders are round! You can’t put cubes in there! :rolleyes:

BigBird likes this.
  6. 88/532

Abbreviate to cc, they’ll fit.

pickled egg and BigBird like this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Me thinks you missed the bike night squid reference.

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

More than anyone else.

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

All of them.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. 88/532

Cam B, bike night, squid. One does not belong. So…

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

14. Quicktoy

Liter or litre depending on the country spelling. Not Leader. I.E. 1 L= 1000ml= 1000 CCs :). A thousand CC sport bike has 1 liter of space inside the cylinders. Hence why they called the TLR1000 the 1 liter Duc Eater. It wasn’t though.I wasn’t correcting you. I just didn’t feel like finding @Spang308 ’s post you were correcting but was giving him the info.

15. 88/532

I wasn’t correcting him. Simply giving him the ol’ beeb nut slap. The post dungeon kinder and gentler beeb needs a few of those now and again. Peace out…lol.

Quicktoy and pickled egg like this.
  16. Quicktoy

I don’t think he understood your correction though hence my explanation lol.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. 88/532

BHP41 likes this.
  19. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

I read that when it first came out and didn't bother commenting. I think his father is really his problem. But in any event, the comments are kinda interesting. Lotsa people seem to think Yamaha overreacted, that they were giving him an uncompetitive bike, that Yamaha wanted him out etc. Seems like a lot of nonsense to me. Here, with the arguably better informed crowd, most seem to conclude he got what he deserved after trying to blow up his employer's bike.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is one of the weakest attempts to justify bad behavior that I have ever read. What a bunch of BS, comparing bad behavior over the last 60 years of GP to what is going on with companies and riders today.
    To me, the essence of Vinales' transgression is the insult to Yamaha. As a Japanese company there is a cultural expectation of respect to the company and the management, including all of the employees who have worked to put that bike on the grid. What Vinales did showed that he has no respect for all of those people. The first thing the article did was give a European definition of sport and then applied it to a Japanese company. That is certainly a eurocentric perspective and is as insulting in many ways as the behavior he is trying to justify. If I were Yamaha, I would no longer have any conversation with him either. That is insensitivity at its worst. What an ass!!! Matt Oxley should know better, so I wonder why he wrote such a piece of trash?