1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meanwhile over at CCS. Karen hates beer and quads. Solid gold best of BBS candidate

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jun 19, 2021.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Or more likely, drama queens doubled down after their drama got called out by trying to garner sympathy for their drama bullshit.

2. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

No idea about their situation, but outpatient services are common for it. Most of the treatments seem to be primarily just attempting to delay and provide interim quality of life for a year or a few. Sadly watched s few people succumb to it over the past few years.

mpusch likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

We need to introduce this woman to Krusty Ferguson and the corona parties in the AMA paddock 18 or so years ago.

4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm sure this post will open me up for flaming, but here goes. Well I agree that this couple could have handled their grievances in a more mature manner, it brought some questions to my mind about the mindset of some of the people competing in amateur racing these days. It's been 30 years since I raced on pavement, I'm back in the day it was pretty common for a fair group of people to party on Saturday night. Some more than others. In my early years of racing, I was one of those people. I definitely have raced feeling the aftereffects of getting drunk the night before. I've been taken out by a friend at BHF who was well known for getting hammered the night before race day. Suddenly, the point of having fun the night before became a much bigger question. I chose to not put my fellow competitors at risk. I did not dictate to others what they should do. I don't see the issue with having a beer or two the night before, but where do you draw the line? Are you guys all ok with any level of intoxication the night before a race, all in the name of a good time? If you witness another rider drinking an entire bottle of Jack the night before, do you say something? How about two? Point being, just because it isn't Pro level, doesn't mean your rights to a good time, supercedes the rights of fellow racers to not be put at risk for your life choices. This isn't Badminton. Regarding that racers supposed brain cancer, if it was truly stage 4, and that serious, then he is also impaired to some degree. I'm intimately familiar with people who have gone through that, and not one of them came out the other side without some loss of cognitive function. I'm all for a survivor making use of whatever life they have left and checking off the bucket list, but not while putting other people at risk. It surprises me that there still isn't any kind of medical check for current license holders. Ok... Flame away.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nope. :D

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Apparently the wife refuses to be silenced by her husband turning off commenting. She has now grabbed 14th gear in the new continuation thread

Trainwreck likes this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Nope. Their roasting is to be expected, but I got into this debate about hangovers and pharmaceuticals on a red flag plauged trackday morning a few years ago.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Link please.

I ain’t a facetoober and I ain’t joining just for the lulz. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm not saying they handled this right, or that she's not a "Karen". Seems no level of fun is acceptable to them, and I get where they deserved some grief for their way of handling this. But it's pretty clear to me that there's a decent amount of people here that think their fun is all that matters, and everyone else can go pound sand.

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

pickled egg likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

link it

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This! :up:

noles19 likes this.
  14. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Which side of the debate were you arguing and what was the conclusion?

15. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

This was kinda funny...

202375676_10159674990424236_8340536730223975645_n.jpg

There's a meme about internet arguments and special olympics... I'd post it but.......

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I am on the hangovers are dangerous side and are socially tolerated when they shouldn't be. No one in our pit was in favor of hangovers, the opposite side of the debate was the state of riders at the morning meeting and the number of crashes.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I hate hangovers. But one time when I was at NJMP in 2018, I set a PB on Sunday morning in PRACTICE (which never happens, cuz like most people I go faster in the races) while being slightly hungover and having only got like 4-5 hours of sleep lol Hangover doesn't mean drunk...and adrenaline is a great quick fix for it.

418 likes this.
  18. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I'm a BIR local and looking at the photo and the shadows this was taken AFTER racing ended. The sun is setting in the west. Fucking dumb Karen.

Stork, Boman Forklift and pickled egg like this.
  19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I went all nerd on this as well since I was also curious and I didn't believe her BS answer (she said it was during lunch break). The shadows say it all. Assuming that yellow tape between the posts was at about 3' high, the shadow is about 4' away or more. Using some online calculator that factors in the latitude and time zone, I would estimate that picture being taken around 5:30-6:00 pm.

Stork and Germany like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And let’s not forget, on the day before the summer solstice.