1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meanwhile over at CCS. Karen hates beer and quads. Solid gold best of BBS candidate

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. My one trip there I partied with them, watched the northern lights from the top of the tower, worked slightly hungover the next day and everyone who was there the night before was professional and did a kick ass job.

Champer, StaccatoFan, G2G and 4 others like this.
  2. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of the track except the zoo was busy this weekend with drag racing and watercross also going on.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Been my experience, when you break routine, that's when things go sideways.
    "Keep the Partying Alive"...GoFundMe. :D

crashman likes this.
  4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

She seems nice......

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

this IS beer league hockey... just with motorbikes. that's the entire point.

this is why i got into drifting when i did like 20 years ago. cause it was like hanging out with your buddies, skating and being ridiculous. we'd go out the night before or the party the night after and get completely nuts, then show up the next day and throw some cars around. i used to say, "i'm going to hang out with my buddies, and i guess while i'm there, might as well do some drifting..." not, i'm gonna go to some amateur event with my street drift car and pretend like my friends are an official pit crew and hope a non-existent scout notices me.

one time i woke up in a field at the track sleeping on a cheeseburger as a pillow with a huge puss burn on my calf from resting it on a moped expansion chamber paddock racing. too much structure makes things suck... and 45 year olds complaining as such like he's going anywhere with this is equal parts embarrassing and pathetic. somebody who's too used to wrangling and talking down to kids all day is the person who keeps suggesting a bedtime for 100 other grown adults. get fucked. take your dumb kids to a Courtyard Marriott and leave everyone else alone. nobody woulda said anything about this dude sucking or his brain cancer or anything else until his wife couldn't contain herself over and over.

6. crakittymeow

crakittymeow New Member

Hey everyone! I'm the Chief Steward with the CRA and wanted to correct Karen's statements as they have the potential to damage the CRA.
    • BIR is limited by the area ambulance provider to 2 rigs on site. These 2 rigs have 4 paramedics. This limitation is due to the country wide EMS staffing shortage. In addition to the 2 rigs (4 paramedics), there were 3 additional EMT's on property, ready to respond, which she would've never known about. Yes, the drag strip had to shut down when we required a second ambulance. This was planned for and coordinated between myself and the Drag Strip Steward well in advance. It was executed flawlessly and no one's care was compromised because of it.
    • I'm sure Karen was camping in the BIR VIP Camping area. There's a pond (small lake) in the middle where BIR hosts the IWA (snowmobiles that race on water). This pond is their 'racetrack' so all the IWA racers camp there. It's an understatement to say they're a wild group so I'm sure it was crazy. The people around her that were partying were NOT the CRA/CCS racers her husband would've encountered on the track the next day, but rather the IWA racers.
    • We've been able to prove the photo taken of our Corner Worker was taken around 5:30pm, not during lunch as stated. Also, his daughter was babysitting for one of our Race Registration volunteers until 3pm that day.
    The only reason I'm posting this is to help ensure everyone understands that safety is the first priority with the CRA. Karen's statements, while over the top, still have the potential to damage our reputation and club. I'm here to assure you-Karen's statements are false! We'd love to have you experience the CRA for yourselves and we'll honor your WERA license at our events!

Bruce, SGVRider, rcarson15 and 37 others like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t worry Dawn, nobody believed Karen’s bullshit anyways. :D

sbk1198 and Stork like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Nothing to defend really. The bit about the water racers is interesting to know. The ambulance and shutting down for an incident on another track sucks but has happened to all of us running multi use facilities.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So that woman's name really is Karen? (I haven't bothered with any of the Facebook stuff)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Close enough tho :D

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay. With the CRA official calling her that, I thought maybe it was real.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It's Brittany. Slightly less than professional look for CRA official in an otherwise professional communication, but we are in whatev days...

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:eyeroll:

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

The sled racers looked as a whole like a group I would never challenge to a drinking contest. They made the CRA guys look like a bunch of girlie men.

Stork and Banditracer like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is unprofessional about a volunteer with insight responding? The use of Karen rather than her actual name? Hell, I'm not a volunteer and I'd have responded way more in kind to Karen, she was way nicer than necessary given the amount of stupid posted about the event.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And that would have surprised… who again? :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a single person who has paid attention over the last 30 years :D

Hell, I would have actually thought calling her a Brittany would have been insulting too :crackup:

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I'm imagining the cast of Letterkenny and the dude who's like "JUST GONNA SEND IT!"...

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, the use of Karen was deliberate. The offical knows the person's name is Brittany. Or Mrs. Elrod. Grabbed the snark/humor gear vs. professionalism.