1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of 996 T's in that range and it's a hell of a car at that price if you can live with the scrambled egg headlights. My daughter ran a Cars and Coffee a couple of years ago and a few of them showed up. I didn't even noticed the headlights because they're pretty mean looking in person. It's a car I have my eye on.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup:Trust me if I could afford it right now and a silver GT4 came up at a good price, Silver wouldn't keep me from pulling the trigger. Me likey the blue ones the best, also Miami blue on the 911's.

I saw a white one on Facebook marketplace about 2 weeks ago for $69K. Miles were high for a GT4, I think around 50K, and it was with almost no options as I recall, but if my commercial building would have been sold, that car would have been mine.

Yea that seems like a pretty good deal. I bet that same car today is at least 5-10k more
    Yes, that is what I figured I would do when/if I pulled the trigger on a 996. My neighbor has a 996 turbo in yellow which I really like. He bought it when they were still falling and I think he paid about 55k for it probably at least 4-5 years ago. I know for awhile we discussed it and he thought it was worth 40-45 and he wouldn't sell.

He knows cars and knows they have gone back up but we haven't talked again about what it would take for him to part with it. He never drives it, because it won't pass smog for some reason and he is too cheap/uninterested to fix it. Plus he bought a Tesla with the Ludicrous package and really enjoys that. His best friend had a silver 996 turbo and sold it after getting a ride in his Tesla and went out and bought a Tesla with the Ludicrous package. They tried talking me into buying one as well, and I really enjoyed the initial hit, but I hate Tesla for how they treat customers that want to fix their own car, so at least right now, I'm clinging to my morals and resisting buying one of those appliances.

That's hot.

Lol that's why they make them in different colors. Of those choices I would prefer Yellow, then white, then silver and lastly black. Now pretty much any other color Porsche uses would go above black and silver for me, but there is a shade of silver I've seen before on Porsches that I did like. It's probably because I've owned a few silver cars and currently own a silver CNG civic.

LOL, I would pay more for Yellow over Silver.

They are definitely in my top few of cars I would want to own right now.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Went for a ride in the white one. It was a screamer.

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Here's a blue one. Its already in Montana. I could make room for it in my garage and you could drive it when visiting.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-porsche-gt3-55

5. Boman Forklift

I can't afford that, but with that color it will probably sell for more than it cost when new. That thing "blows my dress up".

Although if I were to spend that kind of coin, I think I may have to wait for the GT4RS that is supposed to be coming out with a big boy engine in it. Don't know the specs, but I'm hoping it also gets updated with the new control arms that Porsche is putting on the latest GT3RS, first time they have ever done that on a non 911 race car, and is supposed to handle better than the strut suspension Porsche has always used on all 911 based cars to date.

6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Yep, nardo grey. I know where there sits an rs7 in that color.

@Boman Forklift not checking anything out in coming months. Need to make a few other changes then maybe. No garage space is the largest issue. I know you have a solution for that but south county is a little far to keep it. Haha.

7. ChrisS819

ChrisS819 Member

I would definitely recommend buying a Porsche. Right now we have a Cayenne Gts and a Gt3 and really enjoy them both. Never any real issues with either one. Before we purchased the Gt3 we had a Carerra 4 which we have sold. I think we might upgrade to a Urus before the year is out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wera313, BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: I do offer a very low monthly rental rate and valet delivery service to Huntington Beach. Tyler is currently storing his E39 M5 in one of the stalls using this same EXECUTIVE PACKAGE. I am willing to provide this exclusive package to you with the same Friends and Family discount I have provided Tyler. It is quite cost effective.

Tyler even gets free valet service to John Wayne and LAX with his package, we maybe able to throw in Long Beach as well, to help close the deal. :D

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

this has so much sexy in it but i rather have the blue
    that is one sexy car, granted i love that voodoo blue like that 2018 gt3 in the link. Ill take this one please!!

10. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

LOVE my GT Silver. Badass car in a classy and understated color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

12. socal

socal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Upgraded the 2019 Macan S to this 2020 Macan GTS. Significant uptick in performance esp. with new twin turbo vs single turbo and air suspension. Lowers the car about an inch.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

nice.

since our Cayenne is being decommissioned now and i just changed the starter, i thought, while having the intake off, that'd be a great spot for a blower...

shall i add item #96 to my open task list?

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Am I out of my mind for actively looking for a 996TT with the intention of parking it outside?

15. jamespierce

jamespierce Well-Known Member

I picked this one up back in October and could not be happier. I knew the original owner and he put 10k miles on it 5 years before trading for a 2021 turbo S. This thing is a blast to drive.

Attached Files:

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Damn, James that is sweet.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

On the street or on private property?

18. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Just sexy

bwhip likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Also, what is the climate? Baking in the 115 degree sun in Phoenix? On a salty coastline? Buried in snow 4 months a year? Those would probably all be a "No".

20. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

In the driveway.
    New England, with a car cover, possibly.

Water-cooled 911 Turbo's aren't exactly collector cars, in my view. Expensive? Yes. Aspirational? Yes. Garage queen? No. I would treat one just like the everyday supercar that they market them to be. It would be cared for but driven. Hard. I also suspect that if I got one with 75k+ miles, the price would have been bottomed out to the point that I shouldn't lose too much money on it.

Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.