1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You work in the medical field,right? edit: oh lord nevermind. I see the self entitlement

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

:crackup:

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Shit...I took a job that exposes me to sick people. I had no idea that was going to happen while attending med school.

cav115 and StaccatoFan like this.
  4. britx303

Yeah seriously........what the heck is wrong with some people?:D

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

He should go watch the reruns of MASH

E Reed likes this.
  6. britx303

No f*cking kidding. :D

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's like Blart finding out he might get shot at being a police officer with that personality. :D

cav115, baconologist and britx303 like this.
  8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

LOL

Don`t drag me into your psychosis..

My daughter is an RN, she tells a different story than you.

britx303 and baconologist like this.
  9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Except it`s not that big a risk unless you have certain conditions...and if you do, stay home, if you choose.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I spent 9 years and 9 months in the Air Force. I spent 364.5 fun filled days living less then 50 miles from the DMZ between
    North and South Korea. I had a wife back then. I've worked other places and missions that havent' been all that optimal to be at in my life due to the inherent risk involved.

But, I have goals...I have ambitions of retirement. I have bills to pay. It's called life.

For what I know and what I can do, and the risks I'm willing to incur to do my job...I am paid accordingly.

If you don't like your situation, make a change. Don't cry...DO something about it. But, you'll find your obligations (home, food, clothing, Disney, etc)
    will make that change of plans harder as you go along. You've made it to a point in a career....starting over again at the bottom becomes improbable.

Your other option...is to move up from a Nursing position. Back to school.

11. baconologist

If we arn’t training our medical professionals about the potential for real harm ie; pandemics, war, natural disasters, etc. then we are doing them a disservice.

12. britx303

All of our doctors too.

cav115 likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

A rotation in an ER in Baltimore, Chitcago, NYC, Philly, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis or Portland should do it. Not sure any amount of "training" really prepares you for those situations. To some degree, yes. But real experience.....that's the best.

Ducti89 likes this.
  14. baconologist

ApperantY it’s not enough if we have nurses crying on tv because they had to double bag a body.

15. britx303

Very true.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My high school biology teacher has aspirations of becoming a vet. I have no idea how he managed to graduate like this, but he didn't discover he was allergic to cat and dog dander until post-grad. Became a high school teacher instead.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And you folks were bitching about the dungeon. SMH.

Chino52405 likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is going to be funny in hindsight. :D

The dungeon had a long run too.

20. StaccatoFan

Everything was fine until the Knitting Contradiction decided to vomit in this thread...at that point.....even Mongo tore her a new one...and
    say what you will.....when Mongo's shredding......well, that means the stupid is huge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.