WTF!!! Who is hoarding the Old Bay Seasoning?

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Agreed but some people like them, just not me.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Snot in rock...no need to ever consume them.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Not to mention they are filtering whatever shit is in the water...........although cornmeal breaded fried oysters are “almost” edible......I just can’t bring myself to eat them. Snot is NOT the gooey human extract that cums to mind when talking oysters

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I could eat 100 of them. Love escargot too:D

[​IMG]

Cannoli and CharlieY like this.
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

Always knock.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

It's insane. I remember buying them with my father off the boat as a kid. And we had relatives that ran a boat or of Essex. That thing was loaded with pots when not working. Crazy.

Steamed in boh and old Bay....makes them almost edible to me.

7. britx303

Huh?:crackup: I guess I get what you’re trying to say. When my in-laws have cookouts, they always have 3-4 bushels. They have a crabbing license, so for any of the family that wants them it’s free. Hooray for me:cool: :D

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much the bet or was it a "triple dog dare you" for the first human to eat an oyster?

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Probably the exact same way the first blowjob ever happened.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Go to the youtubes. Jump forward seven minutes…

rd400racer likes this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

We used to go to the dock where some of the boats came in and buy them right off the boat over in Stevensville. I remember when they hit 100 bucks and thought that's bonkers. We used to tie chicken necks to a string and drop them off a pier then slowly pull them up and grab crabs in a net. And my cousins were waterman. As kids we used to go visit them and they had a pier at thier house. Waterfront property. So the boat was always docked there. And I remember that thing having crab pots all over the roof.

Though I generally don't eat them.

britx303 likes this.
  12. britx303

No shortage of old bay anything here in the grocery store. Even old bay flavoured cheese curls. There’s an entire section just for cans of old bay and byproducts.

13. britx303

We had a public t-pier and did the chicken necks or dead fish that washed up to shore and crab net. Woot woot buncha shore billies up in hya!

joec likes this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I remember my grandfather bitching about Jumbo's hitting 40 bucks lol

britx303 likes this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Old Bay chips are awesome

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep!

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Giant used to have a Crab day. You could preorder them cooked plain, cooked with old bay or live and it was cheaper then driving up to Baltimore to buy them live. They would come in off the boat and they'd be at the store the next day or even same day.

Hate to see what they are charging this year. :eek:

There's a dude with a shitty shack that could only be improved by a fire that used to sell Balt/ Maryland and some New England seafood at a pretty reasonable price. I might drive by tonight to see if he's still there and what prices are like.

18. britx303

They had jumbo sized bags just now in the store.........:D

19. britx303

I only buy them for Mongo.....er, Pooh:D

20. joec

joec brace yourself

*Noted*