1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Jumping jiminy this thread escalated quick. At least you boys know where to send your Christmas and Kwanza cards to now.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Everything is fine.

:timeforabeer:

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Double :crackup::crackup:

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. Spang308

You bet it is. Trump have your vote yet? :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

duh?

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The world is a much better place without that shitbag, I don't need any other reason to be content with what we did other than that embassy attack. Talk about an oh shit moment for the poor people that were inside there. :eek:

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Don't forget that when Reagan used big stick policy against Libya in the 80's it calmed them right down for quite a while. Whiney appeasement bitch policy from the last few administrations does not appear to be working so perhaps a sharp rap from a big stick is what they need.

E Reed likes this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:crackup:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....They didn't. Do you think that was by mistake or the plan? No one was injured from 15 missiles...quite amazing ineptitude if that wasn't the plan. The big stick at work, if you ask me.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is when my hatred of all things French began as IIRC they wouldn’t allow us to fly over their airspace. I think I remember this, in any event even if not true, I still hate the French. :D

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just pointing out that everyone is focusing on Trump 'starting' a war when in fact Iran did a long time ago. The only question is how measured the response is. So far I think Trump has done so better than the last few presidents. He did not ignore, nor did he appease. Instead it was a very targeted and beneficial 'do you really want a piece of this' Similar to when Reagan sent an instagram to Qaddafi's house, very effective and stopped his outside aggression toward us.

code3ryder likes this.
  13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

all of them meaning both sides, but I see with some people you need to type every little thing out for them not to overload their brain

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

So who shot down Flight 752?

code3ryder likes this.
  15. Spang308

Being reported as an engine failure on takeoff, however they are refusing to send the black boxes to Boeing, so who knows.
    I do know a 737-800, or any other variety, piloted correctly is capable of climbing, and maneuvering back the airport on one engine.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. code3ryder

Again, so far, it's work out. It's all if's and maybe's. I just don't think gloating that "haha see! it worked" is a way to go when it could just have easily gone the other way.

17. code3ryder

Engines don't tend to work when blown up with a rocket. o_O

18. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Bush had Cheney's policies being implemented. Does Trump have someone like Cheney guiding him? I'm not picking any side with this comment, I just don't think he's educated enough on these matters to make these actions on his own accord.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sen Rand Paul agrees with you. (Trump did in fact have a great adviser at one time. Mattis. See page one of this thread.)

20. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

How many of you have actually spent time in the ME? Better yet how many have engaged in the ME on a strategic or tactical level both in planning and operationally? As new as Trump is in his short time in office, he has had a crash course on how the majority of people in the ME work (I am sure he also dealt with them in the business world). I can also say the majority of people over there see the US as a cash cow. They operate in two modes 1.bribery/extortion or 2. who can I hurt/get hurt by. This happens at the lowest levels in their society to the highest. They should have been bombed into the stone age a long time ago but the politicians won't let the military do what needs to be done.
    Before HC racer (which should be handicapped brain assclown as a new name) says anything 26+ years in the military with multiple deployments and my kid is currently at Airborne school, my money is where my mouth is.