1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

How can we just move on from those people completely fabricating multiple lies to destroy a good man? While I want those women prosecuted, how about their handlers, and the dems to found, teed up, encouraged, and financed their lies? Why are only the low level players going to pay a price? When will the Dem leadership face their crimes?

I am tired of there being laws only for us peons and not for them at the "elite" level.

Phanuel and gixxerreese like this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The operation of our society relies heavily on the fact that the majority of us act in an honest and cooperative manner when dealing with one another.
    If the average person decides they are being played for a fool and resorts to every man for himself it will be extremely difficult to go back to a cooperative society.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, that is certainly a WAY more believable story.... :confused:

Note: I won't claim to know what really happened, but that sounds really, really, real convenient....

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I don't believe it until I review dsapsis' evidence folder.

G 97 and auminer like this.
  6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Even the senate is having a difficult time with the definition.

"In neither the committee’s investigation nor in the supplemental background investigation conducted by the FBI was there any evidence to substantiate or corroborate any of the allegations."

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would suggest that anyone who is having a difficult time with the definition of evidence simply take a moment and look up that very definition.

scottn likes this.
  8. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

which one? 'by what authority'?

do you people wear one size fits all shuz too? lol

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I did, and this is what I found.

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
    "the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
    synonyms: proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, attestation
    "they found evidence of his plotting"

That doesn't seem to support your contention.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3800...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

What's that you say?

"After an extensive investigation that included the thorough review of all potentially credible evidence submitted and interviews of more than 40 individuals with information relating to the allegations, including classmates and friends of all those involved, Committee investigators found no witness who could provide any verifiable evidence to support any of the allegations brought against Justice Kavanaugh," the committee concludes in the report. "In other words, following the separate and extensive investigations by both the Committee and the FBI, there was NO EVIDENCE to substantiate any of the claims of sexual assault made against Justice Kavanaugh."

As I've said before, there's evidence, but none of it supports Ford or any other accuser's claims. In fact, in contradicts it.
    This was a political hit job complete with a manufactured story, just like their fabricated Russia collusion narrative. I hope Grassley sticks with this and charges are brought where warranted. This is the kind of swampy shit that got Trump elected in the first place.

What's that them there attorneys say...I rest my case?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Evidence doesn't have to be the truth, you just have to believe.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

All the semantic police are saying is that the accusations are themselves ""evidence"".

Shaky, uncorroborated, unsubstantiated, invalid, inaccurate, and blatantly false...

But still ""evidence"".

scottn likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I think somenare not quite understanding the legal definition of “evidence”

Example: my ex and her bf when I went through my rough patch, presented all kinds of “evidence” and luckily for me I had my own evidence that nullified and falsified their “evidence” and luckily it was a judge who determined the validity of both parties “evidence”

Even if it’s for factual doesn’t mean it cannot be used as “evidence”.

At least that’s what my attorney stated to me. People use shit all the time and it’s up to the other party to show whether or not it’s facts or bullshit.

At least in Escambia county Florida according to my attorney and friend.

scottn likes this.
  14. nigel smith

What contention was that?

15. nigel smith

You are that close to understanding the underpinnings of our judicial system. As you say, all of the available evidence was taken into consideration. This is a necessary step to determine legal truth. Evidence may or may not be exculpatory. It may be conclusive or inconclusive. It may be factual or an outright fabrication. In order for justice to be served, it must all be examined. There seems to be a willful intellectual malaise afflicting those on this board who reacted strongly to the left wing tactics employed in this instance. If you are willing to subvert due process when it suits your agenda, you risk becoming what you decry. The process worked. Every one of the ludicrous accusations was revealed for what it was. The Democratic party shot itself in the foot. Your partisan disregard for due process entails the risk of you suffering the same fate.

auminer and scottn like this.
  16. nigel smith

Rob gets it. Take a deep breath and read what he wrote.

scottn likes this.
  17. Spang308

Who disregarded due process here? Was it the side that insisted he was guilty of the charges based on her written testimony before he even defended himself and used the whole situation to trash an innocent man, or the side that insisted both sides be heard, evidence weighed and a decision be made on the available facts...however few there may be?
    I'm perfectly aware of what evidence is. You and Dave somehow seem to imply there is or was evidence that supports her fairy tale story. If not, without swimming in and out, just say it. Her story was totally made up and there is zero evidence that supports her claim. I'm aware she made claims. I'm aware things were entered as evidence. I have yet to hear one single shred of evidence from anyone that supports her.
    If you have some, please share it.

18. nigel smith

Her story was preposterous from the word go. I don't recollect Dave saying otherwise, although none of you have climbed off of your high horse long enough to simply ask him. The issue here is the contention that evidence that you don't approve of is unworthy of consideration.

19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Good lord some people are thick.

20. Spang308

It was all considered. Holy shit dude. Did I miss where they interviewed both parties under oath (on national TV), weighed all the evidence, agreed to ANOTHER FBI investigation to physically interview all who had previously given sworn affidavits, reviewed that report and then proceeded?
    Sure, there was evidence. Every shred of it exonerated Kavanaugh.
    The end.