Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jun 10, 2017.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good question. We'll be there in August and could burn a day fishing.

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Born in Jacksonville, got my Bachelor Degree at Jacksonville Univ, took a gig in the World Band at Disneyworld and lived in Orlando for 10 yrs.
    Became 'immersed in scuba diving: springs, caverns and caves. Not to mention Pennecamp St Park in the Keys (underwater stage park). Florida is the best place in the world for this!
    Weather allowed me to ride my street bike everyday of the year. My high school friend, Paul Vogel, got me into road racing. 1st race - W. Palm Beach Raceway on a Suzuki T-125 twin 2-stroke around 1972?
    LOVE FLORIDA! Beaches, sun, riding all year. Miss it!!!

tropicoz and scottn like this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Lived in Deland for 10 yrs. It's like wet sand in the shorts of my soul..

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

When is the last time you went back?

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes, it's crowded, and the drivers SUCK, but I love the lifestyle here. More chill than Miami. I grew up here and it has changed a lot. I thought about moving out west, but I still have a lot of family here. We Italians are big on this stuff.

I once dated a girl who was in PR in Miami. One night she was talking to some friends at one of her events about Fort Lauderdale- She says "Well, I know about Boca Raton and I know about Miami, there's something in between but.....whatever." Later she asked if I was upset about her comment. I said "No, that's the way we like it!" Obviously that relationship didn't work out.

8. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Have in-laws living in Port Orange. Go back at least once a year. Started hanging out in Deland in 92, (skydiving). Loved it, nice countryish town. Moved there in 98, around 03-04-boom, it was like it got annexed by Orlando.

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Florida sucks coming from the Pacific Northwest. Hardly any waves to surf, no mt biking, snow boarding or anything else outdoor. The humidity has me wanting to take 5 showers a day. The only thing to do is stay out until 6 am at the bars checking out chongas but that gets old. With that said I would probably only move to San Diego or PNW so I guess there are worse places than Fort Lauderdale... Oh and the racing is good in the SE.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gino230 and samizx7 like this.
  10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

We kept the development on the south end of town. The downtown district is now amazing with shops, galleries, bars and restaurants. Awesome nightlife. Try another visit.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What prompted this thread? Any event in particular?

This looks like the action of someone after an exceptional blow job in a place where he can't scream his happiness too loudly.

dtalbott, Ken Mcdonald and Joe Lopez like this.
  12. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Been in miami for 17 years and I hate it. The only thing is good is the ridding season is all year. No mountains , terrible drivers , no one speak English , only thing to do is go to bars ( I do not drink). No out door activities, it is expensive , insurance rates are very high, many thieves and scammers around, they closed down any places to ride a dirt bike , zero trails , and outrages prices for housing or rent.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

throwdown and omatter34 like this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

15. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I do miss living on the beach. If it weren't for the race tracks close by to ATL . I would have came back there
    To live instead

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

See, I miss old Lauderdale. I started going there as a kid in 1972. We went almost every year and then I moved to South Florida (well, the Keys) but my aunt had a fancy condo on the beach near North Ocean Blvd and I spent most of my weekends there. Ft. Lauderdale was wild and cool back then. The Elbow Room was rocking most every night and there were punk bars along the beach. It was still THE place for spring break. And then the mayor shut it all down. The town got boring after that. Same with Miami. I used to hang out at South Beach during the "Scarface" years. It was a seedy dump, but it was our seedy dump. Coconut Grove was a mellow place to hang. It's all gone now as far as I'm concerned.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. samizx7

Started a business and just cannot pack up and leave. But it is coming soon. I think I will go to Idaho , Colorado or Seattle.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who leaves the beach to move to rain and snow?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No outdoor activities? Must be a joke lol. There's so much to do and so many natural areas, VAST natural areas. You don't have to go on the water but plenty of that too!

Kinda dig Orlando myself. I'm backstage at one of the top performing arts centers in the country right not. And phase 2 is being constructed.

20. samizx7

I live 3 minutes from the beach and have not been there in 6 month. Need some mountains. Dirt bike trails and mountian bikes parks.