RIP Nicky

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 22, 2017.

1. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Nicky at Daytona March 2000

Attached Files:

2. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

3. Manx59

Manx59 WFO

RIP Nicky. I am sad.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

this hurts

RIP Nicky you are a hero to me and will always be

5. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Such a tragic loss...
    As a man doing my best to not to shed a tear but I'm running out of my manliness.
    Farwell to my favorite racer and exemplary human being.

6. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

God speed Nicky!

7. It would be very cool if Pedrosa runs the Assen race with #69 on his bike, and then MotoGP retires Nicky´s number after the race is complete.

If anyone here has an "in" at Dorna, maybe make that suggestion?

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So, if you had a corner, a track, a trophy, a whatever you feel is a good match that you would name 'Nicky Hayden', what would it be?....

9. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

After reading all of the comments there is nothing I can add other than to agree that he was one of a kind as a gentle racer and will truly be missed.

To honor Nicky I think it be cool to flood the RRW Action Fund with $69.69 donations to give a little back to a sport Nicky gave so much to.

Funkm05, scottn and RyanDCramer like this.
  10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

This.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Was waiting for left coast to wake up. Just got off the phone. $69. Love, Fred and Adrienne.

12. Julian Ryder suggested naming Turn 13 at Ricardo Tormo after Nicky. I think it's a great idea.

CRA_Fizzer and scottn like this.
  13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Julian Ryder makes a good case for the following in the Soup link posted above:

"...no-one, but no-one rode Ricardo Tormo’s Turn 13, the penultimate lefthander, drifting over the crest flat in third at more than 125mph, like Nicky. I hope the circuit names it for him." - Julian Ryder

I'm thinking that CotA will be having these discussions soon.....

I vote for calling the approach to turn 1, the highest point of the circuit, as "Mt. Hayden."

14. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

$69.69 to Airfence Fund. thanks for the idea Stephen!

15. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

69.69 to RRW as well.

StanTheMan likes this.
  16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

17. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I had a picture of him going through that turn during the 2006 race weekend as my desktop for years. Pretty sure it's been posted in this thread already.

18. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

For some reason after Nicky's passing I find myself wanting to pull for Pedrosa to win the championship this season.

19. caferace

caferace No.

Unfortunately, I don't think CoTA is quite that wise yet. Hell, I got tribute press releases from a bunch of circuits yesterday. Not a peep from CoTA, and I'm on their list.

IMS stepped up, and Nicky hasn't raced there in years. That is racing DNA.

-jim

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno on the release thing. Evelyne did one but I'm not sure we should have. Just strikes me as too much hey look at us because someone we loved died. I guess it helps others in some way.

JJJerry likes this.