1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Nicky

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 22, 2017.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I feel WSBK should leave p1 open this weekend for Nicky.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even Nicky wouldn't want that - racing is racing.

Steady T, stk0308, Nick_OMC and 4 others like this.
  3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I agree

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Your probably correct. I hope they do something cool though which I'm sure they will.

5. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

.......still can't believe NH69 is gone!

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Could everyone run the #69 numberplate on their bikes?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. A sticker sure, the entire number no.

8. Deckwan

Deckwan Member

Ride on NH....

Picture I took last fall at Motegi... IMG_20160824_142412 (Medium).jpg

9. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I stopped by the track today and it was unfortunately not lit up any longer. Kinda cool to be able to just walk onto the front straight.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

A true American hero...

[​IMG]

dsmitty37 likes this.
  11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I just don't understand why this shit happens to good people. He seemed to be somewhat admired by his brothers and dad as the magnetic, people person of the bunch. You can just see in any video footage how much his brothers and dad loved him. I feel horrible for his family. Absolutely horrible.

12. I've been watching videos and came across and interview with Earl that was heart wrenching. I'm still in a state of confusion over the whole thing. Hard to believe it's real.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I met the Haydens at the Pocono Cycle Jam in 93 and was a fan ever since. This is a shitty deal of epic proportions. I just don't know what to say.

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This whole thing is still bullshit to me.

15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Popping my cherry at Mid-O AHRMA in 2001 - photo taken to autograph session at local Honda dealer.
    As well as getting posters signed then, I had both Hayden and Duhamel sign this photo of me. Treasured.

Nicky was just amazed and engaged as we talked about my first races that prior weekend.
    Nothing but grins between the two of us talking racing.
    I think my dinosaur bike amused him - Honda Ascot FT500. He may have had to flat track one back in the day.

20170524-Nicky 2001.jpg

On November 3 2006 American Honda ran this full page ad in USA Today in celebration of the MotoGP Championship October 29.

20170524-NickyHayden_USAToday.jpg

16. 418

418 Expert #59

+1

This whole thing doesn't compute for me. What a senseless tradegy.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Strange, I missed early registration to get an early row for the national enduro in GA next week, so entering later, you are randomly assigned a row from whatever positions on rows that are left. Riders go off every minute, in groups of 5.. (often over 800 riders, so perhaps over 160 rows).
    I will have #69-B on my number plate for this event. Row 69. Hope I do him proud.

You have been registered - Wed 4/5/2017 10:32 PM
    Thank you for registering for the Rd #4 Cherokee National Enduro, Greensboro GA event. Below are the details of your registration.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    dsmitty37, caferace, dieterly and 6 others like this.
  18. condon66

I wish I would wake up and find none of this to be real.

19. condon66

Wow! That would give me chills! Hell, it already is and I'm only reading it.