WERA racers/Jennings/ Trackdays/ Oiled Track/Man vs Woman fight club/Facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

apparently a lot of drama went down.

It's really hard to read and harder to follow but I think:

Novice lady oiled track

WERA racer/trackday host cusses her and berates her.

Lady doesn't help the 30 or so others clean track.

Another racer rants on Facebook.

Moto Joe is gonna lay down the law "wishes he was there"

Racer/host banned from Jennings.

Lots of comments and posts and back and forth.

No sign of skip.

Metalhead likes this.
  2. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

well, this should be fun to watch.

fyi, racer was not ejected or banned.

t

3. Robby-Bobby

Well I wasn't there. I'm just enjoying the reading and trying to decipher.

What I read from several was that the gentleman was ejected.

4. mastermind

I called Jennings and talked to Jacky.... ya, no banning. And I'm not defending his ranting, but she didn't ban him.

Anyway - a lotta hubbub over some oil eh? Nobody got hurt.... that's the main thing.

t

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Private event?

rocalotopus likes this.
  6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Need a link for ummm science and shit.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  7. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Nope, not banned, not ejected, never berated any woman, she came to my pit with two Jennings employees to complain about my FB post of the event. You weren't there but you take the drama here??

Wish you could take the time to respond to my request to get my motard on track......

8. hurricanejohn

Nott what I heard....and unlike RB I WAS there....to be honest sort of changes my opinion of him somewhat. Thought he was better than this....

9. Robby-Bobby

Dude I didn't say your name cause I like you. I wasn't there. This is a fun discussion.

Glad you aren't banned btw.

I literally basically copied what was posted on the other guys Facebook.

I promise if I was upset I'd come to you first. Sorry if you took it that way.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Wimminz. Can't trust 'em to keep the red limiter out of the power bands. :rolleyes:

11. hurricanejohn

Not what I heard....and unlike RB I WAS there....to be honest sort of changes my opinion of him somewhat. Thought he was better than this....

Razors Edge likes this.
  12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I was on your side on the FB stuff John. The young lady really hasn't much of a leg to stand on when she didn't even help clean up, and instead worked on her bike, and had a friend look for oil so she could get back on track.. Is it her "responsibility" as many claimed it was not ? no. but when you got a bunch of volunteers out there to help clean her mess? would have been the least she could have done..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  13. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

I know John Cook personally. He has went out of his way so many times helping others. He's a HUGE asset to the racing community. I've seen this man take his own time and money to help other racers who have went down. His track org is exceptional.
    Before people go off trashing a guy they might want to take the time to get to know John Cook. I would truly hate to see some childish drama run a good man off from the sport we love.

14. Robby-Bobby

Didn't mean to make ya mad. Definitely wasn't there.

Moreso was enjoying reading the drama on Facebook. Like stated it's very hard to follow and many different reports.

Regardless of who it was, it's still funny that so many people are stirred up.

15. hurricanejohn

Fun at my expense....

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. mastermind

Hey.... wait a damn minute.

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about tr*ckdays in here!!!!!!

I'm gonna come race again this year - I'll be so slow you'all will lap me 10 times in a single race....

17. Robby-Bobby

Dude, I make just as much fun at anyone, including myself.

FYI, if it makes a difference, I'm totally on your side especially that she didn't help clean up in any way.

Again, sorry if you think it was a personal jab at you. Definitely wasn't.

bleacht and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. hurricanejohn

It's all good. Hard but good way to see who your friends really are. And to learn that no matter what you do in this sport there are plenty of haters out there, many of them I have given a hand to when they needed one. No good deed.....but it's all good. Trashing me seems to make people feel better about themselves these days.

19. Robby-Bobby

Dude if you're gonna get butthurt over a Facebook post someone else made, or even this thread, then you gotta harden up a little.

As far as who your friends are, there will ALWAYS be haters. I think everyone in the racing community has had haters in one way shape or form.

You should laugh it off.