1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA racers/Jennings/ Trackdays/ Oiled Track/Man vs Woman fight club/Facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Feb 27, 2017.

1. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Yeah really. Someone should post some screen shots of this dramarama.

I'm not one to grab a torch and pitch fork but if this really happened then I think outing the perv is something that needs to be done.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Nice name. :crackup:
    Who do we thank for that one?

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Heather223

Heather223 New Member

I know I messed up by not double checking the drain plug it was a huge mistake and that will never happen again everything is getting wired I understand that I should have been out there helping but I was honestly not aware I couldn't hear anything from the speaker because of all the generators I had to walk toward the speaker to even hear the group calls I was not avoiding the whole situation and getting back on the track after it all happened was my last concern. I was told to fix my leak immediately and to wait on them to bring my plug there were plenty of other riders helping me with this and I was freaking out at the time none of them mentioned what was going on and I was not aware had I known I would have cleaned that whole track myself. I apologized to everyone and offered help it was a mistake and I know I really messed up by not double checking and that taught me a very valuable lesson. I didnt deserve to be treated that way by John no one does and the whole post he made was just ridiculous he could have came over and let me know what was going on instead of making it seem like I was avoiding cleaning up because I was not I go out of my way at times to help others im not a selfish person anyone who knows me knows that is a fact. I messed up and I learned my lesson

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Wonder if she likes tanning beds?

And what clicked another gear!!!:bow::D

vizsladog likes this.
  5. jpratt847

jpratt847 Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa! Easy now, it was a zx6r haha

6. caferace

caferace No.

We got that the first time.

-jim

7. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Oh man...20 pages about to happen instantly....

8. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Before it turns into a complete shit show. Sounds like a simple mis understanding. John sounds like a decent guy and she came on to share her side. It is what it is.

What am I saying.. Let the shit show begin...

jpratt847, DirtNap, Cajun Kid and 4 others like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Meh! Other than the one photo that pushed is a bit too far this thread kinda sucks.

vizsladog likes this.
  10. caferace

caferace No.

Sez the guy lacing lacrosse heads.

-jim

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've subbed that out to my kid. She's better at it and there ain't no child labor laws 'round here. I'm thinking about showing her how to make sneakers and calling Nike.

V5 Racer likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

t11ravis likes this.
  13. All jokes aside, this whole thing is ridiculous and is doing nothing but making our whole community look like shit, to each other and to everyone else (many people have their facebook posts setup as "public", so everyone in the world can see it).

- She should have tightened the drain plug, but she didn't. Oil leaked onto the track. For many organizations, if you dump oil on the track over something that can be contributed to negligence on your part, you are done for the day (or the weekend). Obviously Jennings doesn't have that policy. The most important thing is that nobody was behind her, so nobody got hurt. Heather learned her lesson and said it won't happen again. Fair enough; enough said.

- Yes - she should have helped cleaned the track. She said she didn't know people were out there cleaning it up, fair enough. Oil was laid down from T7-T13...and anybody that has been to Jennings knows that you CANNOT see T7-T13 from the middle of the paddock, unless you intentionally walk across the property to the fence and look at it. Since she was busy cleaning and working on her bike, with other people helping her, it is completely possible that she didn't know other riders were out on track cleaning...especially since all other tracks have crews that handle that. Fair enough; enough said.

- I have Tech'ed a lot of bikes, including in Novice, and NO organization would have caught this loose drain plug in the Novice group. Do I think it is ridiculous that Jennings doesn't have Tech?...yes. Tech is important for everyone's safety. However, no track day org requires Novice riders to safety wire their drain plug, and no Tech official stands there with wrenches and checks everyone's drain plug. Not only is that completely unrealistic, but it also brings more liability to the org, especially when Tech guys hyped up on Mountain Dew start stripping out drain plugs. So whether Jennings had Tech or not, this wouldn't have been caught. At the end of the day, it is the responsibility of each individual to make sure their bike is properly maintained and safe. If they don't know how, then they should let someone else work on it. Heather learned this lesson, and hopefully everyone else who has heard about this incident learns from it also. Enough said.

As far as the rest of all of this shit that has been spewed all over facebook, forums, and everywhere else...it is absolutely ridiculous. People going after John, people going after Heather, people bashing JenningsGP, etc. It is all stupid and is making everyone look childish. There is no good that will come from any of it. It was a mistake, it happens. Learn from it, help others learn from it, and move on.

What should have happened was after the incident, somebody should have posted a picture of the track, and simply stated "Everyone please make sure your drain plug and all other oil/fluid containment parts are checked for tightness and that they are in good condition. A drain bolt came loose on a bike, dumping oil on the track, resulting in the track being shut down for 1-1.5hrs. Luckily nobody crashed or was injured. But the next time everyone might not be as lucky, so please check your bikes before you get on the track. If you are unsure of something, ask for help. We are all one big community and anyone will be glad to help you".

That is it. The end. No names, no hating, no bashing, no drama. Then all of this could have been avoided, people wouldn't look bad (on either side), and our entire community would be better off and not look like a bunch of middle school children to the outside world.

For the record, I have no dog in this fight. I know and like John, and Heather seems like a good person also. It was an honest mistake. I just think the subsequent shitstorm is silly and counterproductive.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    hotnail, MikeR, YZROOSTINYA and 18 others like this.
  14. caferace

caferace No.

You have a model? :D

-jim

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap and I'm not in Maryland. :D

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Loose oil bolt is hard to find from anyone. I'm still frustrated at an oil spill messing up a perfect weekend for a lap record attempt a couple years back. Shite happens.

I like John Cook. I love Robby Bobby. John Cook is funny. First time my dad and I met him, I introduced Joe as my dad and he asked, "Ya'll kin?" It took him repeating it four times for me to understand what he was actually saying and by that point I was like, "Yeah - I just said this was my dad, man." :D

17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

V5 Racer, t11ravis and Phl218 like this.
  18. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

about 12-13 years ago a guy oiled the whole track at jennings with synthetic . he came in packed his stuff and left........we called the fire dept. to hose the track.

he was very popular for leaving.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

An oil spill at JGP.....that's the real shit right there.....call Scott Pelley. :Poke:

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Jesus holy run on sentence.

Snazzy, flyboy, GixxerBlade and 10 others like this.