A new tack on suppressors

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mongo, Nov 9, 2016.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I am a gun owner, I am a NFA owner, I support the reversal of the MG ban of 1986, etc.....But there is NO reason to take suppressors off of the NFA.
    It is a very dangerous tool in the wrong hands, far more dangerous than an assault rifle, machinegun, etc....Anyone that can legally own one can pay $200/tax and own it, so whats the issue?....but to have suppressors available over-the-counter????
    No thank you.

I am pro 2nd amendment guy....but I will debate this one.

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

A bad person can just buy an adapter on eBay and screw an oil filter on the end of their gun for the same effect.Bad guys don't care about the law.

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Speedy man...if this is the beginning of a debate you are losing already. :D Judging by your post you're either trolling or you've never used a gun muffler because they are not like the movies. With a .223, I still wear ear pro because it's still fuckin loud.

How is a silencer dangerous? The only way it can hurt someone is if you beat them with it and there are many everyday items better for that task.

You want machine guns legal but not silencers because silencers are dangerous? Dude, good luck trying to justify that one.

So by your logic, if anyone can buy one with a $200 tax, then what is the problem with making easier to obtain and getting rid of the tax? You make no sense.
    :beer:

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My head almost exploded...

WHAT makes it "a very dangerous tool in the wrong hands"......???
    (far more dangerous than an assault rifle,machinegun, etc) WHAT??

"but to have suppressors available over-the-counter???? No thank you.
    Why not?

Bring your best answers...

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I can only assume the post is sarcasm. Not even the most anti of gun nuts is that cracked out.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No shit? I never ever would have guessed guns are loud :crackup:

You guys seem to be mistaking me finding this angle funny as some sort of disagreement or even stupider thinking that I am somehow think silencers shouldn't be legal...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude. Try debating if you can.

Name one thing that makes a suppressor dangerous. Just one.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Based on his history of logical posting - he's dead serious. :crackup:

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

[raises hand]

They can burn a dang hole in your pants when you have an oopsie while you are letting your SBR dangle on a sling.

And it's very dangerous to your bank account!!

Bypass likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You can make a full size bolt action rifle this quiet but your range is drastically reduced. I mean I guess this is pretty dangerous if you are delta force seal team 69 with DARPA teleport evac? otherwise you are getting one or two shots off then you're caught because you'll have to be so close

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

12. SpeedyE

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. SpeedyE

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :timeforabeer:

14. SpeedyE

My debate was gonna be just two words......Assassination Device

Case Closed!

[​IMG]

:p

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

HorseFknShit.....

If I am gonna kill someone.. A supressor being easier to own isn't even a serious thought... At all.

You done watched to many movies.

16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

So Speedy, I served as a Marine infantrymen, and have fired just about everything in the US small arms arsenal. However, I still don't believe I've ever fired an assault rifle.

What the heck is an assault rifle man?

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

That could be any number of things....a knife, a garrote, an icicle, poison, giving someone that has allergy a food product that contains their allergens.

18. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

If you can get close enough to take the shot and make it, the sound following the entry wound would be of little importance. If you're going to use a subsonic round, you may buy enough time to cause a conspiracy theory after the fact.

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Why is your range reduced, unless you're shooting subsonic ammo? I've seen guys at PRS matches shooting rifles with cans on them at 1000 yards, or do you consider that close?

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Sub sonic 10gr trail boss basically lobs the bullet :)