1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how cheap are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't find them in my size or I'd consider it.

2. Apparently Dustin will buy those from you, never throw them out!

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Dime store hookers and scratch & dent blow FTW

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Same here, bar of irish spring and toothpaste is the entire bathroom kit.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This is one cheap dude lol. I'm with ya on the tires, not so much on the plastic stuff since the metal stuff I already have. I do turn off all lights, but will run the AC like a mofo at night to make sure it stays cold.

lightning97 likes this.
  6. I haven't shaved in 18 months and I haven't trimmed in 4~ since my electric trimmer shit the bed. I look like the old man from home alone. I have no intentions of doing anything about it.

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

HA! Yeah good point lol

8. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Ooh Ooh, pick me! Instead of buying the decent quality shorts (at Wal Mart, of course), I buy swim trunks with pockets instead. Mesh pockets and all. Not only are they cheaper, but they keep me cooler. My body temp runs hot and I hate over heating so that's really where that comes comes from.

drop and Phl218 like this.
  9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Damn skippy! I'm pretty sure I jewed you down on that bodywork lol. Hell didn't we use Greyhound to ship it??

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

i am so cheap, i build my own 600 sqft deck . no way i'm paying a contractor for doing a half assed job.

just done setting the 22 posts and laying down 10 tons of gravel. installing beams today.

my deck will be bigger than @Metalhead 's house.

with all the money saved i can buy more tools.

11. Yeah you low balled me on crashed body work and then only wanted grey hound for shipping. I probably made 18 cents on that whole deal. :crackup:

That's where I draw the line though. My bikes are immaculate. Whatever it costs, they're perfect.

cajun636 likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

so cheap I won't even buy a wallet

[​IMG]

Hawk518 likes this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I built a deck using recycled deck boards and posts. My inlaws built a new one so we took down their old one, refinished the cedar, and reused it. Sounds ghetto but the deck is actually nicer than most any deck I've ever seen. I also did cable railing but I made it all myself out of a big spool of stainless cable and fabbed the fittings.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...pretty sure he meant "Gunt". Consider it the opposite direction of "taint". It's the area between the belly button and the first pubic hair.

drop and cha0s#242 like this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn, maybe Colleen's right. Maybe I do have a problem.

I have a 2"x10' hanger rod in the laundry room that has so many shirts on it, that there's hardly any room on it, and it's bowed in the center. Last year, I donated 3 lawn n leaf bags full of shirts. I counted 110 empty hangers! I'll bet it didn't even clear 1/4 of it. I've been slowly filling it back up...:crackup:

Don't even get me started on shoes, pants or shirts.

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Jesus this thread is depressing. Life is too short to be cheap. Treat yourself to something.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Venom51

My willingness to spend is very item specific. I essentially haven't bought any clothing since I got married. I think the one purchase I have made was socks once and very recently a shirt. I have asked the wife to stop telling me what she spends on clothing she buys and hangs in my closet as it usually just pisses me off.

When it's something for the house...I buy what I want since we plan to die in this very spot.

Cars...they are all paid for but I have a mental disorder at anything over 40k new and even less used. Maintenance costs are the trigger for a new purchase. Once it costs me more a year to maintain it than it would to have a car payment it has to go.

When it came to the bikes and prepping for racing I spent like whatever it costs for good bike prep, safety and tires.

I try my best not to give Hollywood a damn nickel. The music industry hasn't produced anything I really want to buy in a while other than some small independent artist.

Technology is also something I am frugal about even though I have plenty of it. Most of my gear is Ebay specials and nothing gets replaced until it dies.

18. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

In my opinion there's a line between saving / making good financial decisions and absolutely stupid.
    I don't consider myself cheap by any means. There are stuff that I absolutely refuse to live without and I work my ass of for that.
    And there's stuff that I will invest my time in finding the best deal.

19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

That's a FUPA. Fat upper poontang area.

cajun636 and Venom51 like this.
  20. Venom51

New term added to dictionary for future use.