1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

But, isn't there a difference between 'As Is' and 'As Represented'?

John29 likes this.
  2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Do people like this get uncomfortable or embarrassed when they are walking around a whole paddock that knows they're a lying thief? Or do they just go on with their business like nothing happened? If there were hundreds of people who knew I ripped someone off I probably wouldn't ever go back, but based upon the way he's handled this so far, it probably won't even bother him.

Focker and BigBird like this.
  4. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

You know that brings up a great point. I wonder the same. Our late model team owner has lent out or "donated" thousands of dollars of parts to people and rarely sees a penny. heck some of those parts are now scrap metal in a junk yard with no exchange of money.

He lost a lot of people who were friends at one point to crap like this. Now he only lends out to people who have cash in hand. We will even maintain the parts so long as they aren't broke when returned and he will give them their money back, just to get the parts back.

Sad. I cannot imagine doing something like this to someone. Even if I didn't ever plan to see them again.

daveknievel and backbone like this.
  5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I look forward to the next Summit Point round in 3 weeks, where I cornerwork between races on occasion. The Babuska's are usually there.

At 48 my eye sight isn't the greatest anymore, and I sometimes can't tell if there is a loose part dangling from the bike or not. I like to err on the side of caution and throw a meatball flag when in doubt. I always want to see a nice safe race for everyone.

dsmitty37, tropicoz, XFBO and 15 others like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG] :D

XFBO, PATBAROK and vizsladog like this.
  8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Absolutely. We as racers are lucky to have such a great organization as MARRC out there working the corners. They truly care about each and every racer, and in making sure that they all get home in the same condition as they arrived in.

As such, we are entrusted to use our best judgement when we witness something unsafe, and empowered to throw the appropriate flag to remedy that situation. No one second guesses our judgement calls when out on the corner.

BigBird likes this.
  9. ped

ped Banned

There are lemon laws and automobile sales are for road going vehicles

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this case to set legal precedent about the transfer of road vehicles for racing purposes that make all of our lives harder in the future.

11. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Has anyone mentioned all the hookers and blow OP could have had instead of a half built bike?

BigBird and throwdown like this.
  12. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

I've got no dog in this fight, The Babuska's have always been a huge support to MARRC and the racing community and that's all I know.

I am hoping that I just read this the wrong way, but this reads really poorly to me. The reason MARRC members are trusted with judgment and become empowered is because of the outstanding professionalism we exhibit while working. We don't play 'favorites' out there and at that point bikes should be nothing but numbers out there. We are not 'empowered' to 'meatball flag' (MARRC doesn't even use the meatball, we use a debris point) folks for a possible hanging wire. Even 'smoker' calls need to be verified by at least one other sighting before we move forward with debris pointing.

I know where I'm posting, and I know my audience and I'm sorry to try to bring facts to a shit show but I couldn't just glance past this without clarifying some things :)

Thanks for reading.... see you at the track!

speedluvn and Sean Jordan like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I took it as a joke, I know no MARRC worker would ever pull such a stunt for real.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know Booger but I have a hard time thinking he wasn't joking. If he intended to do that, posting about it would be the last thing he would do. I think.

15. Somebody who is the kind of person to make things like this right, isn't the kind of person who would have done this bullshit in the first place.

16. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Guys, lets not devalue the integrity of flags at a race event.

I appreciate the support but lets keep the flags and the racing pure, please.

Let this ship take on water, list at the bow and break amid ships and rest on the sea floor on their own or lack thereof merit.

rocalotopus, SpeedyE and Kuala76 like this.
  17. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

I also know Kevin... ;) and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is joking... but I just wanted to make sure that if anyone who DOESN'T think he is joking understands that MARRC always takes racing and safety very seriously.

18. True, maybe I'm just wired different.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Whippin' Debt silence is deafening.

20. Could have had a mini Charlie Sheen weekend.