1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello, Italy | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, May 26, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Germans bombed pearl harbor didn't they!?!? There's your answer! Them germans are sneaky and treacherous!

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Don't hate on the Honda!

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Nothing at all against the guys riding them but I do rather enjoy seeing the factory Honda's in the gravel.

4. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

When Cal was running 5th I was thinking, wow he may actually get a finish!!

But alas........

Great ride by Ianonne.

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

The simple question is would he be there were it not for daddys influence. This is the second race he's finished this season, and due to the number of dnfs, the first one where he's finished higher than his qualifying position. The answer is clearly no. I realise the sport has moved beyond merit based grids but it still shits me.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Simpler question.....who would be taking his place on the grid if was not there? Who has the money and connections to put a full race effort out there on the grid to take their spot if their team decided to close up shop? Abraham's team has been a part of the MotoGP paddock for many many years now. You saw how quickly the volatile Caterham Moto2 effort blew up after only 1 year when Herrin was on board last season.

Abraham, Demeglio and Melandri all have no points scored at this point in the season. Melandri is on a fully paid factory ride and has scored no points. Mind you his teammate Bowling Bau has done comparatively better on the Aprilia. Should Melandri be cut first from the Aprilia factory team for someone else before a team paying their own way for rider is?

For comparison's sake Abraham finished 17th last season, 1 spot behind Hayden. Mind you I'm no fan of Abraham, I'm just saying. I think you need a little bit of perspective on things.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He has dispatched a helicopter containing several pallets piled high with bundles of $100 bills to Casey Stoner's house.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? Not like they have a seat for him, the need for him or they even want him back. If they wanted him back, he's have been on their bike already this year.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Um, they want him back very badly.

He's the one who has repeatedly denied their offers.

10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Didn't he show interest in taking Pedrosa's seat but Honda declined?

11. The guy won a Moto 2 race, and has scored many points in Moto GP. He's good enough to be there.

12. :stupid:

On another note, great ride by Ianone. And Lorenzo of course.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Except.

Ianonne jumped the start....

Or darn friggin' close.

I wonder if someone will protest.

14. They used to have a no movement rule, but this year it's been relaxed to a no advantage gained rule. Since they gave Abraham a jumped start, but not Ianonne, I don't think a protest would do anything. They already analyzed it.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Italian bike/rider/race

There might be a riot if they penalize him :D

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The start is just before the 16th minute of the race video.

Abraham's start is quite blatant (you can see him in the back).

Ianonne's is questionable...

17. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

They didn't bring him back because of numerous reasons. None of those reasons included him being unwelcome at Honda.

When asked about Stoners possible comeback to replace an injured Pedrosa, Honda team principal Livio Suppo noted that Stoner had never ridden COTA or Termas de Rio Hondo. Stoner also had very little testing on the new 213V. He concluded that lack of preparation and the weight of expectation from everyone was too much to ask.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Did Dovi just quit?

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Broken rear sprocket

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They said something about rear chatter going on. Was it the result of a broken sprocket?