1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayweather V. Pacquiao... Who will win?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Dung Beetle, Apr 27, 2015.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Yup. :)

2. Foreman said Floyd is the GOAT.

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Go to your local gym where only one discipline is taught, like Muay Thai. Tell me it isn't a real sport afterwards.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Muay Thai is closer to bosing than UFC? I am missing your point, clearly.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You know I'm just pushing buttons;)

Young guys are into UFC; old guys like boxing.

Yes, they are all sports. But in my day if you kicked someone in a fight you would have been accused of fighting like a girl.

Unless of course you were Billy Jack:D

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Foreman is blinded by all that chicken grease from those shitty grills he's selling.

Oh and also peoples shitty inventions.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't know what boxing channel you're watching, but Mayweather actually fought Maidana for those two fights, and probably could/should have lost the first one. It was pretty action packed.

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that the fight disciplines that make up MMA are sports too. That was in response to RD400racer putting sport in quotes when referring to the UFC. I obviously fell for his trap :crackup:

In all seriousness, I took Judo for a bit at one point and I think you'd be surprised. There were guys with experience that were rag-dolling guys with 100lbs on them. It was impressive to say the least.

9. If Floyd wins on Saturday, it would take real ignorance to say that he's not at least in the conversation.

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I think I qualify as old (almost 40).

There isn't a boxer alive that would make it out of the first round against an MMA pro even close to his weight class. It's not the no holds barred side show attraction it was years ago. There is definite strategy and its fascinating to watch two good fighters with different strengths go at it.

Train for a while in just one of the MMA disciplines. It's very impressive and every bit a skill sport.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Floyd is a sack-o-shit, manny ftw!

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's an HBO special about this fight, it's very good. It portrays May as a loudmouth ego, and Manny as a guy that grew up with nothing and appreciates what he has.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Fair enough;)

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I say Floyd backs out at the last minute. Fight don't happen

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He would then move from the GOAT discussion to the goat dicussion. Too late for that now.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

well that is the fear....he pays someone to light candles in his home at night....yeah about that....

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Hollyfield had to sell his house in Atlanta.
    The ongoing maintenance of a $3m home was quite a bit.

I don't recall any fighters ending up as really good business men except for the Golden Boy, Oscar De La Hoya.

Maybe there are others. I haven't looked.