1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just picked up 2014 Hyundai EQUUS

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Aug 22, 2014.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I know... technologically they rock... but that design, the general theme of acura design right now, just turned me off of Acura altogether...

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

plus it is technology that will last and have a high resale value.

but its boring.

they are almost as ugly as the new lincolns.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Out of all the cars my buddy has had he still regrets selling his 2001 NSX the most. He had 280 miles in 3 years. He did flip it for a 996 Turbo, but still wished he had the NSX.

4. cgordon3

Maybe... i just see too much bland Honda influence in their design.

I don't look at their cars right now...and say I have 'GOT' to have one.... y'know?

Audi designs are pretty badass right now... I notice several manufactures seem to be following some of their design cues... ie. flat nose with prominent grill...

See the New Hyundai Genesis for a good example of that ( Genesis is a pretty nice car BTW) I would love to get my hands on one of the Genesis R-Spec Sedans... that 5.0 liter sounds awesome.

5. cgordon3

i dont think anything else is that ugly right now. :crackup::crackup:

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

damn, he traded one of the best cars ever made in that decade for the worst 911 ever made! :D

I had a 996 gt2, a 996 turbo, and a 996 turbo x50. they all sucked.

I am on my second NSX...since i modded the hell out of mine, i might pick up a mint one to store away next to the f40....they belong together.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

He kicks himself all the time for that. And when he doesn't, I make sure to remind him :D

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Most cars will have a flat front to deal with the European pedestrian accident regulations.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

it must be something in the water....you got a 370z and he traded in an icon for a turd. :D

10. cgordon3

Is that what is driving the change?

I like it personally. Gives the cars a better front end look. IMHO of course.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

first car to come with that was the r129 SL500. It even had the edges rounded a bit so as to not hurt the pedestrians.

12. cgordon3

I would have gone with the Skyline myself... but hey... to each his own. :Poke:

:crackup:

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I dont think those were out when the 996 was out. I think they came out when the 997s were out.

I would pick a 997tt (gen 1 or 2) over a first gen gtr.

14. cgordon3

I guess Europe would not like an F-250 with Cattle Guards then... LOL

15. cgordon3

My first exposure to the Skyline was Gran turismo on the Playstation... so I do have a fanboy attraction to it... :D

Not saying it makes since performance wise... :crackup:

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

We never had a 370Z. We had 2 240SXs before they got all crazy and popular and stupid drift scene.

Then a 350Z, 335i coupe and RX-8, then life happened and then a 1st and 2nd Gen Honda Fit and currently a Civic, Town and Country and G37X.

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

in germany you are considered a child molesting terrorist if you have these on your SUV (GL is prolly the biggest out there, you might see one ram1500 in 3 years)

the went all nuts on the bull guards a few years ago...

and force children to wear bicycle helmets all the time. until they hang them selves on the playground on 'em ...

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

sheik, why's the 996tt a turd?
    i thought it's one of the best porsche engines ever?

20. cgordon3

:crackup: