1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just picked up 2014 Hyundai EQUUS

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Aug 22, 2014.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I want an alfa 4c, maybe 2nd or 3rd year of production once they get the italian bugs worked out. Stick around the bbs for at least 2 more years please.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, he was shocked. Said the only down fall was it took two weeks to the get the parts,well mainly the glass roof. He also told me he walked pass and bumped his mirrior and cracked the base. Didnt say anything cause he did it. The next time it was in for an oil change, they replaced the mirror under warrenty and didnt even tell him till he picked it up. He was shocked. Told me he gets better c.s. with that $25,000 kia then he does with his $38,000 truck.. He told me if Kia made a truck he would own one...

3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

the wolf climbing the hill is more hungry than the wolf sitting at the top of the hill.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd love any new alfa but they are the most disorganized back water hillbilly car company around.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Why do you say they stopped using the 2.0T ? It's still available over here, they just changed the turbo to a twin scroll in the latest version.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

True. They dropped the HP in the neighborhood of 30. Think it went from 276 to 240 due to emissions. It's not the same 2.0T they've used the last few years.

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, Makes sense. But Id say its working. I can tell you the feeling of kia being a cheap throw away car, is now turing into a real player in the car world. Good word spreds fast, when they are treating there customers they way they have been.

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

They are trying to become a premium brand. Remember when acura sold 20k integras? they stopped selling a revamped civic, and moved on up to become a premium brand....to be a premium brand you have to have premium service.

Of all of our dealerships, Hyundai has the strictest quality control when it comes to personnel, other than our exotic showroom. Even more than ferrari.

But ferrari works on a different plane....their brand is so strong that they actually teach personnel to act like snobs to keep the enzo allure alive.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But Acura has screwed the pouch over the last 5 ~ 10 years. They made some ugly cars that no one wanted and blamed the public because they didn't "understand" the cars. Many of the people at their dealerships were dillholes for quite awhile but they seem to be fixing that.

They need a new integra. That civic thing isn't it.

The MDX does sell well for them though.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I bought one for my son back in 08, never had problem with it.
    Couple weeks ago I decided to get rid of wife's pos bmw and got her brand new Optima. I actually like it, except electric steering :)

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Isn't there some program where you can get a nice tax break by adopting a middle aged white guy and his wife and kids?

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

no one will buy an integra....too much competition for it....the civic is already priced high...the integra would be almost 25k. at 25k, you can get a lot of nice cars now. I mean they have an ILX for 28...how many of those do you see selling?

it isnt that they made ugly cars (they are ugly) it is that they made cars that doesnt stand out. There is no brand identity....they tried way too hard to become a jap audi....it didnt work.

The only acura i would buy is the RDX.

even the new NSX looks like a fake R8

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I dont think white and tax break go together.

come back to me when you darken up. :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The other issue was that their cars lacked any "soul." They are boring. A maytag washer and dryer on four boring alloy wheels.

Audis are not exactly rolling passion like say an Alfa or interesting like a Saab but they do have character.

Okay, my cats are chasing a lizard that got in the house, gotta go end that.

15. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I loved the TL until the most recent model. If I were to buy one today I would be looking for 3rd Gen TL-S... 2007-2008 model years, but those are getting kind of old now.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

You have the worst taste in cars, man! :D

The best Acura was the NSX and the integra type R.
    If i found a black pearl type R, i would pick it up right now.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

it is crazy though!

8 speed dual clutch transmission for the 4 banger.
    9 speed automatic for for the 3.5
    aws
    awd

it has stuff you cant find in any other car...but it still doesnt stand out.

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:stupid:

Those are both nice models from Acura.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

The new TLX...TL+TSX .....looks to be a step in the right direction. I think they are learning their way back.

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I dont think i will ever sell my NSX.
    the demand on the used market for that car is crazy!

a low mileage 2002 will sell for right what they sold for brand new in 2002.