1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just picked up 2014 Hyundai EQUUS

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

and before the v? It is fairly recent.

I spoke of design cues that included designing the performance aspects of the car as well.

before caddy copied the M and the AMG, A fast american sedan would be something like the lt1 impala ss.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've rented a Genesis sedan on a business trip before and it was a pretty nice car. Seemed to be a straight copy of a lexus LS but i think it had a 4.0v6. Could stand on the brake and roast both back tires all the way across a parking lot but in terms of build quality it was about 85-90% of a Lexus.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sports sedan? M!

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Sport Sedan is an oxymoron and a line of BS. It's like sport tourer.

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

why do you say that?

What would you call a fast 4 door car with a shit load of performance goodies, suspension dialed in, and some loss of creature comfort compromised for better performance?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Caddy didn't copy them. Caddy built a vehicle that would compete in that market segment. Not the same thing.

Before the V - honestly never thought about it, if I was looking at fun family cars I leaned towards something like the 850 Turbo Wagon or an older muscle car - granted that rules out handling usually :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta agree there, just like Sport Tourer it's a viable subset of the sedan genre.

Wow that sentence sounds goofy.

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I am saying that they copied the formula.
    take a normal midsize car. throw some suspension and brakes on it, and put a huge supercharged motor in it.....like a e55 amg. :D

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

yes, but typing that sentence makes me want to go to the dealership and take out one of the demo cts-v that they have and go drive it around for a bit.

I love my S63, but it isnt a cts-v when it comes to rawness.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

an Evolution :up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And like I said, if you're going down that road every single car is a ripoff. They all copied the formula of four wheels....

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

take that slow turd out of here! :D

STI!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have so far not driven the new gen. I'd probably sell a bike and get a wagon when the Jeep is paid off if they did all the power with AWD. :D

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

fine...we will go with caddy trying to fit in the market segment. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's fine, and then we'll go back and have to say the Euros actually copied muscle cars when they got into that segment ;)

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

They dont have a brand new gen V yet. just the last years (old body design) ones.

If they do awd...i hope they do awd like the new amg...barely any power goes to the front wheels. keeps the car how it should be.

The new CTS-V rumors are starting to heat up at the dealership.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

no! the euros could turn and brake.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I mean Gen 2 vs the 450hp version (that's what the boss had). I honestly haven't been paying much attention to the rumors although I figured with the Vette getting nicer the V would too soon enough.

Agree on the power placement, a little to the front would be nice though, better than just wasting it in smoke :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not at first. They could better than the muscle cars but they were also smaller, still a copy of the muscle car - family sedan given a bunch of power, better brakes, better handling. Then they added better and better handling thing since they don't have the roads we do.

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Not too far of a drive for you.
    Too new?
    Miles too high?