1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's it Gonna Be (US Roadracing)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The question is who is buying/ building the ladder. I liked JUs pro am BSB type format with a bunch of support classes and the features. That does not solve the problem of getting the talent on GP bikes though. I don't know where that money comes from. The days of sub $30K production TZ 250s are gone in the diesel era.

2. ped

ped Banned

im not savvy on AMA stuff, so what exactly is wrong? What I honestly see is 1. the market isn't there for motorcycle roadracing....it's just not in the culture here like in the rest of world, and 2. pissing and moaning bandwagon from armchair critics

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I wont say a thing, it might be perseaved by some one that I am trying to rob all you poor fuckers

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You just did.

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

bugger, it just slipped out again im way to enthusiastic

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I wonder if there is any clause in the sanction allowing them to pull it fom AMA Pro for mis-management?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, it's only august, I don't understand the dog pile on DMG. They have 4 ~ 5 months to post up their 2015 schedule and rule book.
    Everyone is always in such a rush.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

I am on camera being interviewed from Daytona in 2008 about the DMG purchase of AMA Pro with the quote "I'm excited about DMG purchasing AMA Pro, it can't get any worse than this."

I could not have had a more warped perspective and I could not have been more wrong.

That being said, the entire motorcycle roadracing structure needs a top down re-boot in the US. I truly hope this next step is a move toward a long term, sustainable organization that will lead our industry out of the situation it is in now.

Fingers crossed....

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chip and DMG sitting in a tree,
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G

10. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Which model has the best possibility of creating world class riders, AMA/DMG or CEV? AMA got Spies to the world stage, but didn't the current crop of Spaniards come thru CEV?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The old, pre DMG AMA pro got Spies to the WSBK (along with Spies ability).

Yeah, the economy shitting the bed and motorcycle sales collapsing, all that factors into the state of affairs but to me 80% of the blame falls on to one guy and his fateful sidekick.

Anyways, no point in going over all the same shit yet again.

I'll believe the Dorna series is going to happen after the first race takes place.

12. Chip

Chip Registered

AMA Pro got Spies, Colin, Rainy, Schwantz, Spencer, Mamola, and Nick to MotoGP.

DMG did not.

The CEV Championship is a clear, orginized, well funded path to MotoGp and because of those factors, it is a secessful national series.

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

And the Spanish economy is shit, yet the CEV is successful. So it is sustainable as well.

14. That is the whole thing, at the end of the day, why should they worry about that? People always go back to "getting riders to the world stage". DMG/AMA isnt concerned with getting riders to the world stage. And why should they be?

We need roadracing to succeed HERE and for other riders to want to come HERE. To hell with grooming people just to send them off somewhere else.

As people like Mladin, Hayes, etc have demonstrated, and as tons of riders in the BSB have demonstrated, you can have a good career while remaining in a National series...assuming the National series is up to par. If you go back several years, there were many riders making 6-figures+++ for racing in the US. Hell, it hasnt been that long ago (5yrs) since there were Club Racers making 6-figures chasing contingency and purses in club races.

My point is that too many people worry about sending people elsewhere, as if that should be the MAIN goal. The main goal should be having a series HERE that is capable of sustaining entire grids full of truly Professional racers (meaning where racing is their only job and primary source of income)...while also getting us back to the days of good purses and contingencies in club races.

15. As has been many times, if the money is there, the racers will come. If there were still purses available and good contingency (I don't mean $30 certificates, im talking about $2000 for a single Expert race win), then we would still have races where somebody sets the lap record and doesn't even finish on the podium due to the talent level (happened to Hunt at Roebling about 4-5 years ago). The "bounty hunters" left because there was no bounty.

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The financials don't work in this country to make it happen. Mericans don't give a rats but about bike racing so there will never be the demand on TV, never be 50k people in the stands to watch a race. Without that there is no money for purses etc. The best we can hope for is to be a top notch feeder series for GP and SBK

17. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Why can't WERA take over as the predominate professional racing organization in this country? It's been doing a heck of a job continuously running for all these years, Dorna should pump up WERA Pro. WERA already has a reputable name and being backed by Dorna and as a feeder series to international competition wouldn't be hard since so many of the stars have raced in WERA previously.

Just my thoughts, not sure if the powers that be even want that, but I think Evelyn, Mongo and the rest of WERA would do stand up job and have riders that can corner low.

19. That is simply not true.

Everything i spoke about in my previous post WAS in this country. Many guys on every grip making 6-figures, club racers making 6-figures, that was here...in America...and not all that long ago.

That is part of the problem. Too many people are quick to sit back and blame the economy, or blame the "culture". But the things i mentioned were here and not that long ago. It has been like that in the past. We have to believe it can be like that again.

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

BNG's for 2015. You read it here first! :cool: