1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have to know who the retard is...

Discussion in 'General' started by d-wire, Aug 28, 2012.

1. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

that asked for the brake markers to be moved at first call for Open Superstock. Tally National...What could possibly go wrong if you move brake markers 100ft deeper? Ask Luie Z or Andy White. It screwed me up for the first race...those guys trashed bikes over it.

You deserve a "cmon man". Think. If you are going to request something like that .... do everyone a favor and do it after the first damn practice. We spent two days perfecting that brake marker at warp speed and lose that advantage because somebody on a cbr100 thinks they are too far apart.

I don't care what they are....just leave em alone. I already expressed my disappointment with Mongo..they run things well 99% of the time.... this is a ''cmon man" for the requester.:Poke:

2. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

was it T1?

3. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

bowl

the ones in turn one might have been moved as well...they certainly looked different

4. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    I thought they were only evening the middle cone. I went out in CSS novice and tried to hit my markers and damn near ran off the track, well slid. Half way thru I said to myself, "they must have moved them all, bc there's no way Im leading and not able to hit my earlier markers."

If they're screwed to start and everyone knows it, just leave em.

5. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

It was stupid to move them after 2.5 days. I was like, WTF? when I heard the announcement.

Another reason not to use cones for brake markers. Find something more permanent.

6. automan

I thought something was up with my R1 in that race, or I thought I was just not squeezing hard enough on the lever!

I can't believe anyone would do that!

7. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Yeah I was using the second cone...pretty sure Luie was too...in the races I couldn't get to the first cone. Luie blew by me on the brakes and used his "old" marker.... he went flying off and tore up a bike, which apparently was above him at one point in the crash. He got lucky I guess. The faster you are going ...the more those markers matter. If I miss my marker by 10ft...I might not make the corner

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evidently it was a bunch of people complaining about the cone placement and asking they be moved. No clue who or anything else, either way it won't happen again. Sorry about that.

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I noticed it also. And yeah bad move for sure. For slow people like me but as D said, at warp speed, hitting the same marker over and over again within 6 inches or so, to move it several feet is a bad idea. The orginal cone placement was off for sure. I realized it after reviewing old vids friday night.

10. Daniel06

No shit auto, I kept saying to myself, come on bitch! Stop! To my bike of course.

At least we had some kind of brake markers. Don't think for 1 second that I don't appreciate the cones. I can adjust during a race.

11. automan

I think I have it on my GoPro, if I can figure out which software to use to edit it and make a movie.

12. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

:up:

13. Daniel06

It's done. Sean noted it. Glad it won't be repeated. "thumbs up"

14. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Thanks Mongo...yeah we had a similar thing in Fl....Henry would always come up and ask me after the first practice and a fast lightweight guy if they were ok....I tried to get them to paint where they were on the asphalt so they would be consistent from event to event.... maybe that can be done. I know they run a lot of events at these tracks. When I used to do land surveying there were all kinds of spray paints that would stay for a long time.

15. ton

ton Arf!

watched AHRMA do that at rider's meeting after practice before the first race. was glad i wasn't racing that day...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are normally in the same spots and the track is marked, not sure what happened in T2.

17. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

:stupid:

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This is "normal" procedure at a track because the maintenance crew needs to know the exact placement. :up:

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I thought something was different...I just thought my brakes were shitty. lol

20. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a story I heard about a famous dirt-tracker who used an ice cream vending truck as his marker on a mile track.

After the lunch break, the truck moved. Closer to T1.

The first lap of the heat race, the rider went into the fence .