1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

3.49 on Monday, 3.89 today.

I guess it's the shallow Mississippi River hindering oil/fuel transport and the CIA given the go ahead to supply weapons to the Syrian rebels.

Who flippin' knows.

2. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

$3.07 for 87 and $3.29 for 91

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

3.70 for 87 here last nite, put a 100 bucks into the truck and a couple cans for the race this wkend.

4. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

3.89 for premium, glad my commute to work is 2 miles.

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

When I was buying Mercedes 300 SD's & SDL's, several of them has an auxilary fuel tank in the trunk for this very reason.

Folks in Northern Ireland have been buying cheaper deisel by driving into the Republic of Ireland and loading up on agricultural (red) deisel. The po-po in the North have been setting up check points for years to "dip the tank" for illegal fuel usage.

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Meh...diesel is back up to 4.00 a gal. again...was at 3.69 for almost a week a few weeks ago..:mad:

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, wtf?

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Do you walk? You realize that between your car going from cold to hot 2x a day and only driving 2 miles will seriously affect your gas mileage for the worse right?

I commuted five miles each way and got approximately 200 miles per 15 gallons. I now drive 15 miles each way and get 300 miles per tank.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Up about $0. 30 in the last couple weeks here.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

3.51 is cheapest i can find around here.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

1.30 a litre tonight but it is a long weekend here and traditionally they jack up gas price for long weekends

12. $3.39 on monday, same station today is $4.15. For 89. $.76 in a week. WTF?!

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Costco regular unleaded $3.69
    Vons " " $3.62

14. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

WTF? is right.
    Metro Detroit. Currently. Regular: $3.95

Reasoning here is pipeline down in Minnesota, shutting down 6 local refineries. But what about the rest of the country?

15. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I've been riding my bicycle everywhere for the past 2 months. I have no idea what fuel costs, other than beer at my local bar is between $5.50-7.00 a pint for the good stuff.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

As I was on my way home yesterday I saw the price at Kangaroo jump from $3.57 to $3.61.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

$3.79 today

18. Hammer 4

A Chevron refinery in northern cali had a fire last week, so...yep you guessed it, we get to help fund their loss with higher gas prices to the tune of about 50 cents more per gal..Diesel is now about 4.15 per gal...again..20 gals just cost me 90.00..:mad:

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

As an aside, does anyone know if the electronic price signs on the road are linked to the price on the pump, or is that information entered independently?

The question came up today.

20. Hammer 4

Diesel back up to over 4:35..........:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.