*BOMBSHELL!!!!* Spies signs with Suzuki MotoGP!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 22, 2012.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I hope its not a bitch move......
    you can't fire me because I quit.

2. Its not RRW official yet.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Could be a total swerve and Yamaha and he will announce his new contract at LaGoona.

Shit if I know anymore.

4. They don't even need to race anymore this year. Just give Jorge the trophy and spend the rest of the year talking about contracts. This is crazy.

5. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Good for Spies. After all the negativity for a spell from Jarvis and I think he realized he won't be World Champion in second behind Lorenzo on that team.

So many scenarios but it's either Ducati or Suzuki unless he's going cycling full time! Ross back to Yamaha or Hayden seat swap? So much to think about this morning...

6. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing when I read it. Spies doesn't seem like the type that would put that out there before the press release, especially given the fact that Laguna Seca is this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just messing with us. Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe that BMW "bullshit rumor" ain't such bullshit anymore.

Worst thing that could happen is that he signs with Suzuki motogp and makes the title of this retarded thread true.

8. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

What else is left then?

10. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I think it's Ducati.

Here's my reason - When looking at his tweets (oh god Dave, don't kill me for this) someone made a comment to him about the "Ducrappy" - Spies replied that Stoner won on it...

Leads me to believe he may be going to Ducati, just a hunch. Also falls in line with why the Crutchlow paperwork for his Ducati factory ride still hasn't materialized...

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Suzuki motogp team run by Schwantz. :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If this is really happening, the Brits are going to explode. :D

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

15. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

The bigger question for me is, what's the driving factorfor announcing prior to the two American venues? I'm sure there's a plan there and timing is everything. Don't think he was just spouting off to defy Yamaha team direction, or was he? :cool:

16. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

He's said that it's maybe where he was supposed to be all along. Which gives me a few ideas:

a) Suzuki MotoGP
    b) BMW/Ducati/Suzuki factory team in WSBK
    c) Elbowz Racing goes big time

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

No, but, it's @BenSpies11 official

Ben Spies ‏@BenSpies11

I'm extremely happy to push for the rest of the season to my fans and myself next year starts a new chapter. And yes I'm pumped!

Ben Spies ‏@BenSpies11

http://superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120724spiesnoy.htm ….

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I'm leaning more towards the seat swap with Val. I think Nick is going ot sign again( at least that's what I got out of the video on MotoGP with him) and Val wants a winning machine.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Jorge destroys another teammate. That dude is badass.

20. Well, if Yamaha is going to announce something at Laguna, like Dovi seemed to imply, then maybe Ben wanted to get it out there that he was choosing to leave, and not getting the boot. I know, a whole lot of speculation in that, but everyone's doing it.

Spies on a WSBK kawasaki.