Music in the paddock

Discussion in 'General' started by CbusRider, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Bingo! Be a fukkin man.

2. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

:stupid: The people who could have fixed this "problem" at the track but come on the beeb to complain should make sure they don't get their skirts caught in their chains. :moon: (I kid, I kid....)

DJ AA Funkatron and his wife are two of the best people you'll meet in the paddock. It goes without saying that they're both stand-up people and he can definitely corner low. :)

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

FACTS in a BBS thread. What's the world coming to?

I'm just now seeing this ridiculous thread, but want to inject a point of fact here. At 9:18 PM on Saturday night (I have the time-stamped receipt and result sheet), Aaron and Kari were standing in line with me at the Summit Point Karts place, about to take the track. They had shut down their music before we all went over to Washington Circuit. So their music, which was pounding my old skull so hard my ears bled, was shut off at least fifteen minutes before that, or about 9 PM.

Aaron- I did ask Kari and you to lower the music. Kari started dancing like a contestant on "So You Think You Can Dance- West Virginia Version" and laughing at me. So at least one person did ask that the volume be lowered. That's just for the record. Also for the record, Kari did lower the volume a bit after the dance show.

In the end, it's a race weekend at a club event. You're SUPPOSED to be having a good time. Next time I'm bringing some Lawrence Welk CDs and you can alternate my music and yours.

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

was this AFTER Terrance crashed??? cuz i know if he was around, we would have pictures :D

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Terrance stayed away from my pit area like it was infected with the plague! He cant say "No" to Kari's sangria and he is still afraid of the video I have of him intoxicated from the last weekend at Summit! :crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

:up:

7. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

What's the dividing line?

There is a certain age or point in life when one (hopefully) becomes aware that their actions have an effect on others.
    From the tone of the posts from one side, it appears that this stage has not been attained.
    What's even more amazing, is the "cowardly" comments directed at the OP.

Musicman - Not everyone wants to hear what you have cranked up.
    It's called consideration.

The fact is the OP should not even have to come and ask you to turn it down.
    Here's a good example: If your sounds can be heard 2 paddock spaces away, it's too much/loud/etc...

Again, the word is consideration.

I have never been to a track that did not have quiet hours, iirc the average time for shutdown of gennies and or anything else noisy is 10pm.

This does not cover things prior that time that are just plain loud, or inconsiderate of others.

I recently had to ask a guy at VIR (who was parked adjacent to me) to shut off his gennie powering up his huge Renegade stacker trailer. There was nothing inside the trailer that needed powering (I asked), he evidently just left it on by accident, ignorance, whatever. Funny thing is they were parked right in the middle of a power pole convention and coulda just plugged in.
    Go figure...

Oh yeah, leash laws apply at the track for a reason - maybe check up on that too.

8. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

5 more pages before dinner.. :Pop: :crackup:

:rock:

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

You know what, I can see where the OP didn't wan't to say something at the track. It happens like this, your neighbor turns on some crappy music that iritates you, you ignore it hoping it will go away. After about twenty minutes you go for a walk hoping the racket thats driving you insane will dissapearwhile your gone(trying to be a good neighbor and let them enjoy thier music). As you walk back you can now hear the Music much louder and see a chick doing a pole dance on one of the easy up legs.:D After the show is over the music is still pissing you off. So now you are pissed off to the point that if you say something and get a smartassed (a distinct possibility based on the crackhead music they are playing) reply things are going to get very heated so you decide its best to not get thrown out of the track because this yahoo thinks the paddock is his personal ampitheatre.:D

JMO

10. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Summit is the best party track on the circut. Wish I could have made it up...I have new dancing shoes.

Things are getting too serious here, need to check other options.

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Nah... Road A has to be better.

But, I've never been to Summit.

12. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Hold on, let me go dig up the horse so we can beat it some more. Thanks for your definition of consideration, I dont think any of us knew what it was. Mabye you should stick with iirc.

And just so you know west va doesnt have a leash law:Poke:

From wikipedia:West Virginia and Wisconsin are states that do not have a law that requires dogs to be leashed. Still, they do have laws that hold dog owners and keepers liable for all damages caused by dogs that are permitted to run at large

13. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

For the record, I know at one point the unce-unce could be heard at every corner on the track. Not taking sides, just supplying available information.

:Pop:

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

WI as a State may not have a leash law, but most every city/town/village in the state have their own ordinances. I'd be surprised if VA wasn't similar.

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

For racing:

[​IMG]

and for the Unce, Unce:

[​IMG]

16. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i think music should be banned at the track... same with pitbikes, kids, dogs, cats, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, alcohol, and bringing in your own food to cook.

wouldnt want anyone to enjoy their time at the track.

17. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

I'd guess Valentino would have enjoyed being at Summit this past weekend.

18. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

With all due respect, when considering a place to pit, I take into consideration of who I will be pitted around, what type of equipment they have and what type of weekend I may have if I pit next to them?

Considering the fact that the OP and posse pitted up against the RV after the RV was already there with the music on, maybe they should have considered pitting in another location.

19. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

I'm guessing

you went to one of those "special" high schools for the final polish on your public education:

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Hey look I found this in Wikipedia also... thought it fit you Coopster:
    "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory[citation needed], extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron