Michelin Saturday race accident;

Discussion in 'General' started by noidly1, Oct 10, 2009.

1. backbone

backbone scarred for life

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

I hope both heal up quick.

2. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

After being in Louisville, KY for work all week, coming home and turning around and leaving Saturday to go to GNF to watch friends race, I go on the WERA forum to see that I have been called “spineless.”

The facts of the crash on Saturday at the Michelin Superstock Amateur Race at Barber Motorsports Park are:. On the first lap after the first restart, Tom came around me on the inside going into the museum turn (7/8). He was in front of me and pulling away on his liter bike. Coming out of the chicane (turn 10) his rear tire broke traction and I saw sparks from his right hand footpeg and then his bike threw him off and proceeded to tumble. I had but a fraction of a second and had no way of doing anything as he was sliding down the asphalt in front of me. After hitting Tom, my bike and I went through the air for what seemed like forever and I remember nothing until coming to laying off the side of the track.

OMG, how terrible I feel about the fact that I hit another human being and continue to get bad updates about his injuries. It is something that I will never forget.

I hate that Tom, his family and friends are going through this anguish about someone they care about who suffered the injuries that Tom has. But I am also sorry that Tom got too much throttle coming out of the chicane which caused him to high-side and threw him straight into my path, that I could not do anything to avoid hitting him, that I was injured as well, and my bike was torn to pieces. It cost me a helmet, gloves, leather repairs and a vast amount of motorcycle damage. I was not able to race anymore at Michelin or at GNF.

After the crash, I explained what happened to his traveling partner (James Brown???) as well as his brother Billy and told them how sorry I was that he was hurt.

I called Tom at the hospital this evening and explained what happened and told him personally how sorry I was about his injuries. My prayers and hopes are for his quick recovery.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Is this the same incident? I thought this thread was started over something that happened at the GNF, at Road Atlanta? :confused:

4. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

Michelin Superstock Amateur Race at Barber Motorsports Park

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Good response in your other post. :up:

I think somebody owes you an apology, and hopefully learns not to criticize without all the facts.

Hope both you guys can heal fast and ride on!!

6. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

wow..."spineless"

I got some pics of this crash and visited the "spineless" rider afterward and he had nothing to say outside of how lucky he was and how bad he felt for hitting someone, as well as his wife.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Good post, Robin. Hope you and Tom both heal up fast.

8. noidly1

noidly1 Well-Known Member

grd264; My bad. I shouldn't have used the word. Sorry..

I hope you can understand my view. No one in StL. at the time ever knew of what had followed after the accident.
    Just hearing one person taking him out then running over him and not checking on him later had me boiling...

Should I had waited longer B4 I posted? Sure. Lesson learned.

Glad you were finally able to talk with him and clarify things here in StL.

Heal up...
    Peace.

9. martyna

martyna A Little BRIT Different

I read the forst post and have NOT read any of the follow ups.
    First I am always sad to hear of any body being injured in this sport but its a fact that We as riders openly accept, there are big risks when we get out there and no one "hits" another rider on purpose to cause injury, nor do we purposly run over anyone, the guy who crashed in 10a knows that on Sat as I missed him by inches but it could have been different.
    I know it is hard for families and friends to sometime accept that injurues do happen, but they do and thats just the cold facts of the game.
    I hope that all riders who crashed at the weekend all recover to full health, I know two of them well but they know the possibilities of injury before getting out there.
    Good luck to you all and see ya next year.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ya know noidly, that was a pissant pussy apology given all of the shit you spewed posting this thread...

There was no one at the track who didn't realize how Robin felt about the accident. We also knew that Tom highsided all on his own. So maybe you should pull your head out of your ass, apologize better to Robin and if you want to know what happened with an incident, ask a question instead of making up lies and accusations.

11. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

He apologized, and also admitted his mistake. Its between him and the person he apologized to whether it was good enought to be accepted. If you know noidly well enough you would know his style of communication. Flowery, eloquent prose is not it.

To post this just keeps the shit stirred. Peace = let it go.

Unfortunate racing incident. Best wishes to both guys involved for a complete recovery.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't need to know noidly. I know what I expect of other human when they fuck up. He hasn't hit that yet.

I do find it interesting that you're jumping in defending someone who was obviously wrong yet said nothing originally....

13. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

For somebody who wasn't there to comment before hearing both sides would be foolish. (of course, arguing with you could fit that category as well :D)

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

For someone to start this thread without knowing the whole story is foolish.

15. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

I'm with Mongo on this one.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Arguing with me is fine.

17. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Wish u a speedy recovery

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  18. noidly1

noidly1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I admit it, I fucked up. And yes, I am sorry.

Let it go... Geez.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously dude, you're now trying to make it our fault you acted like an ass?

You started this shit. You didn't let it go. You didn't have your facts.

Don't try and put it on other people now....

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

No, you don't have to wait to ask what happened to a friend. You have to learn some tact before making egregious accusations of a fellow racer.