1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Stewart

Discussion in 'General' started by flyingpig70, Aug 10, 2014.

1. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

:confused: where did you read that?

3. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

4. noles19

fu#k I hope the whole thing is not true. but especially about the death.

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The vid is already up on the tubes. I hope the kid makes it, but it definitely doesn't look good. Mostly, it looks like 2 hot heads collided.

6. noles19

Yeah i just saw that also. Don't watch it if you're faint of heart its graphic.:(

7. noles19

I will say no one knows what happened except stewart as far as hitting the gas goes. but the other driver played a much bigger part in the whole thing then anybody is reporting..
    I just hope the guy is ok.

8. All of the comments flying around about it are misleading. Reports from several eye witnesses (even those who are friends with Kevin) say they had an altercation on the track, then Kevin got out of his car (after crashing) and walked out on the track and was waving gestures etc at Stewart.

Then as Stewart was coming around, he nailed the throttle. When he did that, the rear end stepped out sideways. Stewart swerved when that happened (to try to avoid him) but it was too late and he was too close.

Kevin was struck by the rear wheel/fender when it kicked out sideways.

I am not condoning what Stewart did and he is known to be a hot-head. But people are saying "Tony ran him over!" and "Tony intentionally ran him down!" etc. When actually, he hit the throttle just to send a message and to respond to the birds thrown at him...then the rear of the car went sideways and hit Kevin.

It was a stupid thing to do, but so was walking out on a live race track just to flip somebody off. But regardless, I obviously don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt Stewart purposely drove towards him and ran him over as some people are saying.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Wow speechless RIP young man

10. noles19

I'm wrong. They just announced he died. May he rest in Peace.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I think Fox just confirmed DOA. :(

12. So sad and senseless. RIP :(

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Getting out of the car and walking on a live race track was the first real bad move in this very sad event

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I watched that clip a bunch of times trying to figure out when he hit the gas and how the guy got hit, it's really hard to tell what happened but to me it looks like the rear end stepped out to the left and not at all to the right. If that's the case, him hitting the gas would be irrelevant because it didn't make the tire go towards the guy.

15. I obviously wasnt there. I was simply repeating first hand reports from eye witnesses that were there (and therefore able to also hear what happened).

16. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Sprints cars when you step on the gas have a tendency to step out. The right side tire is usually larger than the left side which provides more traction and will cause the car to step out. watch when a sprint car goes around the track that they are sliding sideways through the turns.....the right side is pretty much the drive side and causes the car to get sideways. So when tony gassed it, the rear stepped out and clipped the kid. I don't believe that was Tony's intention....I think they were both angry with each other and venting frustration. The kid should have never got intot he race line....he could have stood off the side and thrown his helmet, jumped up and down...gave him the finger...anything. It's just a sad event.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Sad and unfortunate. Kid shouldn't have ran out onto the track. I bet they make changes to their rules about it.

18. Senseless act from both parties that resulted in a very tragic incident.

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

When the guys in the big league are doing it. It sets the example of what is allowed. They should have curbed that kind of action long ago. Sad that it took someone to die.