1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona Entries

Discussion in 'General' started by Tdub, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Only 2 weeks left for entries to make the deadline...looking kinda sparse...

2. IIRC, it was like that last year at this time also. It will come around.

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I'm sure :up:

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

6. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

That in itself is wrong
    I remember 4 or 5 I did when I managed to put together enough funding at the last minute and had to post enter.In fact it wasnt all that uncommon for more than a few in years past

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just throwing things out there but maybe Dunlop wants to know how many tires to plan for?

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Im sure thats a big part of it but it doesnt make it any more right

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

From my POV for a Pro series it is OK to not do post entry. For club level racing post entry is essential.

10. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Well.even in better economy days,I can assure you I wasnt the only one in the post entry line...and I mean line

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Who was in line? Club racers looking to have a fun weekend at a Pro race?

Or was teams like Graves sitting there in line?

12. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

There are actually lots of entries already, the AMA just hasn't put them up onthe site yet.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

really? What would they bring if it weren't the semi??? A prius wagon and a harbor freight trailer?

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

It looks to be updated daily...how far behind they are...who knows.

15. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

really?thats the best you gots?
    Actually in my day,it included a fair number of Euro riders

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

No post entries is dumb. They should at least have them for SuperSport because, yeah, families are inclined to post enter after they determine the bike is ready, junior is healthy and they have the money.

This same policy bit them in the ass for SuperSport at Fontana in 2009 where they had something like 7 entries. They changed it, but now they're changing it back. Hey, it didn't work last time, so let's try it again!

But as far as I know they didn't ask for any advice, and registration staff convenience must be considered a high priority.

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I thought they listed no post entires last year but then changed it to allow them a day or two before pre entry closed.

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Wonder if it is just for Daytona or all the races??? I think Daytona was no post last year...wasn't it?

19. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

No idea, but what's weird is that this time last year you could pre-enter the entire series and this year all you can enter is Daytona. What does that mean?

20. SlowFart

SlowFart Well-Known Member

I just took a quick look and there are a number of missing names in Superbike that I've heard will be there such as:

1. Danny Eslick
    2. Dave Anthony
    3. Aaron Yates
    4. Cory West
    5. Dustin Dominguez
    6. Martin Cardenas

So I don't think we can read too much into that list. I'd expect 25-30 in Superbike for Daytona (though that will probably drop off some for later races.