1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, here's what I have to say...

Discussion in 'General' started by joshherrin46, Mar 22, 2011.

1. joshherrin46

joshherrin46 Well-Known Member

Ever since I was a little kid racing mini bikes it has been my dream to become a professional racer. Five years ago, after years of hard work and dedication, I had the good fortune to achieve my goal of becoming a professional racer.

For me as a racer, it’s incredibly disappointing when I don’t win, and sometimes in the heat of the moment at a race’s conclusion, make statements which are regrettable. That said; I would like to set the records straight and say that I did not intend to get caught up in the last lap incident that jeopardized my fellow racers Dane Westby and Taylor Knapp. I am sincerely thankful that Dane and Taylor did not sustain any serious injuries.

For the record, I do not agree with the penalty that was assessed and with a clear conscience I can say that I am not guilty of what was said of my actions. I want to ensure my fans, my team, my sponsors, the AMA and my fellow riders that it has always been and will continue to be my goal to race as competitively as possible for the entertainment of everyone while staying within the AMA rules and not endangering anyone else on the track. I look forward to this matter reaching a fair resolution and participating in future AMA Pro Racing events. Thank you to everyone who has believed in me and continued to support me.

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

What sayeth the beeb?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn I had just started to derail that train wreck of a thread that was already going.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

I know right? :D

5. Jroctx

Jroctx Member

You are a young, yet talented rider. Look at it as another character building moment life offers. True winnings bounce back after adversities.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Well-written and thought out response, but you didn't actually apologize for anything you said. That's what people got the most up-in-arms about.. I don't think anyone truly believes that you had any malicious intent, or even didn't care about Dane and Taylor's well-being. If you don't think you should apologize, then don't.. we will disagree on that point, but my opinion's just that, mine.

You've earned some of my respect back by addressing your mistakes, but you'll earn all of it back by demonstrating more maturity in the future.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

thinkin if I was you I would have stayed away from a keyboard a while longer...

8. MV

MV Well-Known Member

I think you should let it die.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My thoughts? It's honest and from the heart. He didn't have to do it and it's cool.

and all you first pagers who claimed to be in, well you're not. :D

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:stupid:

first page.

I think the on track stuff was a brain fart, mistake, accident whatever.

it is more the keyboard stuff after it that I think has more people hating than anything

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Yep...

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Lets go racin BOYS!!!!!

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'm thinking this thread spells the end of the Rollie discussion. :D

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh and, 22 pages.

15. T-pole

T-pole Member

Good to see ya post in here about it! Still a fan, good to see close racing like that for sure. Sucks when someone goes down like that, but I'm sure it wasn't intentional. Best of luck to ya the rest of the season Josh.

16. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Just take a breather and cool off over the whole thing. You have a long career ahead of you on many different teams.

17. weraguy

weraguy Member

I thought the AMA made a bad call. How can you punish someone for something that wasn't intentional? It's BS.

18. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

Glad to see you post up and take your lumps like a man

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

What, do you guys feel like your balls hang lower or something, because you posted in this thread?

Because mine do!! :D