1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sealer down in T-5 and 6 at summit.

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I was told last night, that summit threw down some sealer in the carousel about 1 hr before practice Sunday morning. I guess it hadn't dried, so they coned off T-6.

Question: how long does it take for that sealer to actually harden?

2. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Oh they tried to dry it from what I heard from a buddy.... he said they pulled out 5 better cars and did burn outs over and over to put some rubber down. :wow:

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

As ridiculous as that sounds, it actually happened. Whoever made the decision to lay down the sealer in the middle of a race weekend really dropped the ball. After talking to a lot of racers, there were no issues with that corner by the end of Saturday's races that needed immediate attention for Sunday.

Really bad call IMO. The cones they put down to keep racers off the sealer just became debris once racers started clipping them.

4. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

you should see what was done to try and remove it lol. Videos will be posted later on. Let's just say they had cars out there doing burnouts on it.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

One hour before practice? Awesome.

6. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

There were cones in turn 6 to keep you away from the sealer, that worked but every lap the cones were down. All in all the weekend was great.

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Mongo,

Just a suggestion....you might want to make it clear to Summit Point management that in absolutely no way, shape, or form is there to be sealer put on the track while wera is there in 3 weeks!!

I was there this weekend and the track was perfect on Saturday! The rumor mill is that some maintence guy that came in the morning screwed up his work orders or something and sealer was put down. I don't know but the communication seems to be a bit poor with management and the workers.

8. eppy01f4i

I was wondering why they did it..... I did the R.L. day there last Wednesday and had no issues with those corners. :confused:

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Drew231056 passed me on the inside going into 6. His knee hit one of the cones and it flew up and smacked me on the side of the head. Pure comedy gold. I believe Carnage had a front row seat to that one. My wife did get some video from it. That was hilarious! All you could here was the busted up Cutlass station wagon doing burnouts with his engine on the verge of blowing up and gun fire in the background from whatever Gov't org was shooting at the Jefferson Circuit.

10. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

This sounds very familiar...

11. eppy01f4i

p:
    :crackup:

As bad as it is you have to love it!! Summit point charm at its finest!!!!

12. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

we need videos

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If a deer would get stuck in the sealer, it would be perfect:up:

14. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

LOL
    classic summit point..... looking forward to the re-pave threads in 2011.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

16. eppy01f4i

17. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

18. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I can't see this video from my work computer but all I remember is seeing a car that looked like it came out of demo. derby that was baby blue doing burnouts!

19. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

You got all my numbers right! The cone toss was a sweet move wasn't it. That kind of race craft is only available at Summit. Glad it didn't take you out though! Good to hang with you live Steve.

We asked them to consider painting a line or doing nothing in lieu of cones. The cones were even more of a debacle. Hilarious watching corner workers run out and get the cones as people hit them.

Summit just doesn't 'get' motorcycles. They're car guys...surface issues dont matter to them. However, I would say the track has held up great this year in comparison to years past.

20. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid: Yeeeeehaawwwwww!