1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sealer down in T-5 and 6 at summit.

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 30, 2010.

1. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Its nice to see they are listening and trying to improve things. :up:

2. jensscott

jensscott Member

Sorry. I may have been off on those cure times by some amount. The point I was trying to say is that the guy put down one kind when he should have put the other kind down.

I will spend some time here straightening things out.

Jens

3. jensscott

jensscott Member

what's your phone number?

Jens

4. jensscott

jensscott Member

I'm open minded for some education.

Jens

5. jensscott

jensscott Member

I have a request:

Can one of you guys volunteer to call me when some thread like this gets started (here or anywhere) so I can look at it earlier?

Jens

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

+1.

And I applaud Jens for coming on here and looking for feedback from the two wheel crowd and making sure that this situation doesn't occur again.

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Remove all deer from your property!

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You must not have been paying attention with what happened at the Grattan National.

9. jensscott

jensscott Member

We're researching that issue. Like everything else, the simple solutions that would go through one's mind don't actually work.

Jens

10. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

:up:

I completely understand, and you guys and gal's have been doing a fantasic job since the new management/ownership IMO! :up:

11. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree, and it shows, Jens, you being here, listening, and staying open-minded...

How many track owners do that?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still...

It's funny, he was nice at Grattan and asked if I'd let him back in - never bothering to mention he was trying to be sneaky (I had a feeling FF was him but hadn't checked). Yesterday I remembered that and it reminded me to nuke him. Then of course I got the standard stack of emails about how horrible a person I am.

13. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Well, yeahhhhhhhh...I thought that's why the board was here?

14. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

I haven't been down to see the new pavement but, sounds to me like you got "short changed" again, if your putting down sealer already to fix the track surface.

15. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Jens - Great that you came on here to read and comment in this thread. One strong suggestion is to change your track maintenance methods to include consulting with the leadership of the organization using the track during the day(s) impacted. That will go a long way to solving this type of issue.

16. jensscott

jensscott Member

You are partially correct. I don't think we were "short changed", but there are problems. Everybody involved Is standing behind their work and is working to make it right. I want to be crystal clear on this point... the problems were having isn't due to shortcuts. Its rather complicated to explain (ill certainly talk about it to whom ever... I just don't want to type all day online)

Jens

17. jensscott

jensscott Member

Some things probably should be discussed, but other things are just routine. This was supposed to be routine...and if the right stuff was applied nobody would have ever noticed. If we thought something we did would materially effect you guys we would of course run it by you first.

Jens

18. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Jens - Again, appreciate the reply. Defining "routine" can be subjective, and that's part of the reason it makes good sense to communicate/consult with the affected organizations using the track. Think of it this way, if SP had consulted with CCS management on this, you guys wouldn't appear clueless to motorcyce racers' needs and you may have determined the track was good enough for CCS. Either way, communication is always better, esp regarding track surface issues.

Unfortunately, SP has a poor reptuation. To be blunt, many racers and spectators I know consider the facility to be a dump and the staff words that I will not use on a public forum. This latest incident is just additional tarnish to that reputation.

So, anything you can do to visibly, consistently, and greatly improve the level of professionalism, track and customer service quality, and communication will be a good thing for you and your customers. I don't doubt your sincerity, so hopefully this comes across as a constructive comment.

19. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I would have to disagree and say that I definitely appreciate the turn around Summit's management has done. I was there July 4th weekend in 2008 and decided not to ride when I saw a glass surface in Turn 10. Huge improvement to the track since then!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW, WERA has no issues with Summit, it's personnel or the work they do to take care of the track. We're all over the country and know it's not easy and they do their best to make sure it's right for the racers - no matter how many wheels. Sometimes shit happens, you fix it as best you can and move on.

BTW - the rhino stuff has more traction than asphalt and will indeed make a corner faster if it's all the way through the turn.